GO!

Everyone's been so nice to me here!

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Duppy- Conquerer- ~*CGC*~

cesorship wont- silence my bark

Barked: Thu May 28, '09 1:32pm PST 
I've been on dogster for a bit now, but not been very active until recently because I moved and just now got my internet turned back on! Anywayyyyyy

Everyone's been so nice here, I thought I'd share a secret with my East Coast friends (sorry west coasters, if I find another good deal thats national I'll definately let you know!)

Anyway, for those of you that have Gabebriel Brothers stores in your area(it seems to be an East Coast thing), and don't ever really frequent them, DO!

My dogs anihilate anything that isn't a Kong, and if the Kong squeaks or has tails, they anihilate that too! (I'm waiting for Kong Xtreme to come out with a squeaker Kong, since they only have one for puppy kong currently. I might write them about this..)

Welll we all know that Kongs are a bit pricey, though worth it because they last. Hartz toys makes toys made out of a very similar material and they come in football and bouncy ball shape, and they stand up to my dogs chewing just as much as the Kongs do, and they're only 2.99-3.99. And they float, and can be stuffed with yummy stuff!!! So if you don't go to Gabes and you have one in your area, hit em up!!

Heres the website if you want to locate a store around you. I keep buying tons of these things every time I go, in case they stop carying them at some point. They also have reflective blinkie collars for rediculously cheap as well.

Well, Thanks again everyone for being so friendly and encouraging! I feel very at home here! snoopywaveway to go
[notify]

Barked: Thu May 28, '09 1:33pm PST 
woops-heres the website if you wanna find if a stores in your area

http://www.gabrielbrothers.com/stores.php
[notify]
Brutus

Brutus the- Buddhist-the Zen- of Dog

Barked: Thu May 28, '09 4:03pm PST 
Thank you Duppy! Alas, none here in NYfrown Too bad, because I LOVE a bargain!
[notify]

Fungi, BH

Zoom-Zoom-Zoom- Zoomiiieeesss!!!

Barked: Thu May 28, '09 4:58pm PST 
Thanks for that info, Duppy!
I was just out looking at toys (yet again) for Fungi and ended up (yet again) leaving with nothing. He loves squeaky toys and needs a few more.
[notify]
Moira

Is that for me??

Barked: Thu May 28, '09 5:17pm PST 
I didn't know Kong made anything that squeaked. Moira loves squeaky toys and I won't buy those $1 ones because of the BPA in the plastic. I guess I need to do some shopping.

I did find a medium sized black tire at Tractor Supply that seems like it will hold up. I put a few treats in it. Moira had fun with until I took it away. It was the first thing my furgirls wouldn't share. I will get another one before that one comes back down. Spotbites is the company. Puptreads is the toy. It has nylon floss in it for teeth cleaning. $5.49 wasn't too bad.

Several big box stores carry Hartz. I'll check for a hard squeaky.
[notify]
Shadow NPC,- MDM

Ban the Deed - Not the Breed

Barked: Thu May 28, '09 5:22pm PST 
I just checked Hartz's website and couldn't find anything so maybe they've already stopped making them?? I have a fire hydrant around here somewhere that is a Kong knockoff and it works pretty good! I bought it at WalMart a LONG time ago, but don't remember the brand or anything.
Thanks for the tip! Wish we had one in WI - these two are going to chew me out of house and homelaugh out loud
[notify]
Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Thu May 28, '09 6:50pm PST 
Does anybody know who makes the toys with the removable squeakers? Bunny destroys squeakers , but loves a stuffie . I find they are so hard to come by without a squeaker.
[notify]

Barked: Thu May 28, '09 7:18pm PST 
Kong makes squeakable kongs now, but they're only in the Puppy Kong size. I just recently found out about this myself, and was sooo excited since none of my dogs can have a squeaky toy for more than 5 minutes without it being devoured. Well, the Puppy Kong Squeaker lasted probably a half hour, which is a step up from all other squeaker toys, but Duppy figured out that if he hooked his canines in the top small hole of the Kong, it would catch and he could rip apart the rubber, and work his way to the squeaker. He kept tearing chunks off of the kong (it was still squeaking though) but I knew it was a matter of time before it was completely ruined, and I didn't want him eating rubber anyways, so I tossed it frown Kong also makes an "indistructable" cloth covered kong, which is really a tennis ball a small kong, and a squeaker covered in this stronger cloth material, with streamers coming out the one kong end. My dogs also devoured those. They're called Kong "Wubbas". They're more expensive than the puppy Kong Squeakers. Now, a couple of the pits at my work have made the wubba last, but for some reason they seem to enjoy making a squeaker squeak, where as my dogs enjoy finding and destroying the squeaker at all means necessary BOL.

As for the hartz toys, I haven't seen them anywhere else where they sell hartz stuff. Gabriel Brothers is a discount store where they sell over stock/discontinued/flawd items from homegoods to clothes, but they have had the hartz toys for quite a long time there. The one here still has them at least. I love em because they are indestructable!
[notify]
Shadow NPC,- MDM

Ban the Deed - Not the Breed

Barked: Fri May 29, '09 4:26am PST 
I saw a long snake with removable squeekers at PetSmart. I think they were made by Kong. I almost bought one, but the sales lady said that they are still plenty desructable, just like regular stuffed toys, so I didn't. They looked pretty cool though!
[notify]
Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Fri May 29, '09 5:27am PST 
Shadow, the funny thing is, if a stuffie has no squeaker, Bunny wont destroy it. I found him a baby's teddy bear ( no eyes, or detachable parts) about 4 years ago, and its still here, pretty much in one piece. If that had had a squeaker, it would have gone bye bye 5 minutes after I got itlaugh out loud
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2