GO!

FOR THE LOVE OF LAUREL

Whether a dog dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved dog.

Barked: Tue May 12, '09 8:07pm PST 
Wednesday, May 13 marks the one year anniversary of the passing of Laurel Jaffer. For those who don't know, Laurel passed away suddenly leaving behind her 2 cats Aldo & Tess and her dog Noelle. Catsters and Dogsters from around the world rallied to rescue Noelle from the pound and capture Aldo & Tess who had been set loose to fend for themselves. Noelle and Aldo were rescued and rehomed with other Catster members, but Tess' fate is still unknown. For more information on their touching story, please read The Cat's Meow entry from 11/21/2008:

http://blogs.catster.com/the-cats-meow-a-cat-and-kitten-blog/dogster-saved-by-caring-catsters/2008/11/21/

If you want to learn the latest on Aldo and Noelle, you can join the group FOR THE LOVE OF LAUREL.

Rest in peace, Laurel. You and your furkids have not been forgotten.
[notify]
Noelle (the- next- chapter!)

Greater American- Trufflehound

Barked: Wed May 13, '09 9:21pm PST 
Mommy -
I think of you everyday. How you had your friend run with me when you couldn't, how you bought me the best food, how you even got me a treadmill so I could exercise when you didn't feel well... I sat at your side when you passed, thinking that my world had ended because my family was gone. But mommy, I want you to know that I inherited a new family - a HUGE one - full of people, cats and dogs who joined together out of love for you and gave me a new life. Just as I thought my life was over, they saved my life and gave me a new one. Things are good here on earth, mommy, because of all of the lives you touched while you were here. I miss you and love you with all my heart and I know we will be together again when I go to the Bridge... but I am not ready to go yet. There is so much love here... and it is all because of you.
Your furrever baby girl,
Noellie
[notify]
Dylan aka- Dilly

frisbee- s rule

Barked: Thu May 14, '09 2:05am PST 
I remember that story, truly amazing how it worked out.
a year all ready?
[notify]

Rosalita Lola "Rosie"

Love is never- being told you'- naughty!

Barked: Thu May 14, '09 8:01am PST 
I remember that story too. A whole year since she has gone cryhug I am sure she is smiling knowing how her dear Noelle and Aldo were saved and loved again hug I am sure she is smiling to on Tess wherever she is hug

Edited by author Thu May 14, '09 8:02am PST

[notify]
Kilimanjaro Hoover

Mr.- Picky- Pants

Barked: Fri May 22, '09 12:34pm PST 
WoW, hard to believe it's been a year! It seems like just yesterday. hughughugto all who made the rescues possible. I missed that part of the story while it was unfolding.
[notify]