GO!

How many pups get their teeth brushed?

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your dog. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your dog's hygiene needs.

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  
Meko

~Cutie on Duty!~

Barked: Tue Mar 3, '09 5:55pm PST 
That's right! How many pups here get their teeth brushed? I get mine brushed and I wanted to know how common it is here.
[notify]
Jade- Alexandria

Dont mess with- me, I'm- chihuahua!

Barked: Tue Mar 3, '09 6:43pm PST 
We try to promote teeth bushing as much as possible to our clients. I'd have to say about 70% of them get teeth brushing.
[notify]
Cameo

October - breast cancer- awareness

Barked: Tue Mar 3, '09 7:14pm PST 
Cameo gets rec. bones for dental health and petzlife oral gel smile

I don't offer teeth brushing at my shop due to the lack of at-home dental care. It can be more harmful than good if there is a build up of plaque and tarter on the teeth and you loosen up that bacteria and it gets into the blood stream.
[notify]

Meisha Marie

Lookin for- Cookies

Barked: Tue Mar 3, '09 7:54pm PST 
I offer it, but I discourage it most of the time if they are not going to do it at home daily. I have a hard time taking money from folks, knowing that that is all I am doing. If they would do this daily for their dogs, I wouldn't mind doing it for them for that day. If they could get a cleaning from the vet, and then start a daily routine of brushing, I would be glad to do it for them on their groom. I am with Cameo, I think it is more harmful than helpful to just do it every now and then.
[notify]
Bruce

Yippie! Spring- is here :)

Barked: Wed Mar 4, '09 3:58pm PST 
I get mine brushed when I get hold of something disgusting like cat pooh. It doesn't happen too often now that mom knows where the strays cut through the field. She manages to avoid it confused

I actually really like the toothpaste ( minty ). So mom has a hard time getting them brushed before I lick all the toothpaste off the toothbrushlaugh out loud

She found it's easier to clean mine with a piece of papertowel or cotton pad with a little toothpaste on it.
[notify]
Latte

Fetchaholic

Barked: Wed Mar 4, '09 4:59pm PST 
I ditto Cameo's comment. RMB and occasionally Petzlife keep my pack's teeth tartar-free. No need for brushing around here.
[notify]
Daisy

Mommy's little- princess

Barked: Wed Mar 4, '09 6:49pm PST 
I use chewies that help teeth and have a product I use that I put in their water. It works really well to! All my animals teeth look brand new and shiny white.
[notify]
Pippin CGC

King- Dingleberry!

Barked: Thu Mar 5, '09 8:58am PST 
We eat a raw diet...No need for teeth brushing here!big grin
[notify]
Bingley

Cookie Monster

Barked: Thu Mar 5, '09 11:52am PST 
I try to brush Bingley's teeth a few times a week, or everyday if I can remember. Then I also have all kinds of dental toys for him to chew.
[notify]
Rupert

I love Ashlyn/Go- Donny Osmond Go

Barked: Fri Mar 6, '09 7:15am PST 
My mommy does not brush our teeth, dancingdancingdancingdancingdancing
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4