GO!

3 standard poodles for adoption!

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

Emma

you don't sit on- your head?!

Barked: Fri Feb 27, '09 4:00pm PST 
Mom was trying to do the right thing and rescue 3 standards from very bad conditions and now she is looking for forever homes for them! She spayed and neutered them, however they still need their teeth cleaned bad! They were full of mats and now are completely shaved down and don't look to cute...there are 2 females who are supposedly 2 years old and about 50 pounds (one cream and one apricot) and one male who I guess is considered a Royal (even though mom knows there is no such thing!) who is white and about 70 pounds. They are all very sweet even though they are retired breeder dogsfrown Email mom to find out more, she is asking a small rehoming fee to cover her cost and since she knows they will still need a lot of care she is asking $50. If anyone knows people who are looking for Standards please let us know or if there is another way to find homes for them? We will try and take pics of them later!
[notify]
Lexi

Lexi~"you're so- sexy"

Barked: Sat Feb 28, '09 6:25pm PST 
Please contact poodlemom23@aol.com. She is not a dogster member, but she is looking for a Standard poodle to adopt. She just lost her old boy recently and is devasted and so is her remaining standard! She is in West palm Beach, Florida. I will help her in any way I can.
[notify]
Sally

House Lamb!

Barked: Sat Feb 28, '09 6:42pm PST 
Oh Emma, are you kidding, you're beautiful!!! This sooo kills me as Standard Poodles are my favorite breed!!! I am sure you'll all find wonderful homes soon. Good for your Mom for taking you in and helping you find your furever homes where you will be groomed and loved as poodles should!!!

As far as finding homes -- Mom could look into placing you in poodle rescue! Breed rescues are nice because the dogs stay in foster homes and they know the breed and will be careful in placing the dogs into the right kind of homes. Or, maybe poodle rescue would just do a courtesy listing on their website, and/or on PetFinder while you continue to foster them!!!

Good luck!!!

cloud 9

Emma

Barked: Sun Mar 1, '09 7:35pm PST 
Ohh Sally!! I am not for adoptionbig laugh I was just posting for the other three that are here!!

Get this...mom called a local rescue and offered to pay for all my vet bills and foster all three till they find their forever homes and they said NO, they didnt want them in their program!!!shock

However, we have fabulous news, Coastal Poodle Rescue is going to take all three into foster care. Mom sent me to live with Grandma and Grandpa till the dogs are gone so she can work with them. She called to tell me today that it was like all three got the idea today that they will be safe FOREVER! They all of a sudden settled in and will actually come to mom in the back yard and are even starting to learn that a tennis ball is ment to be played with!! They are getting lots of treats and masages. She LOVES the 70 pound boy, he is such a loverred face However, the girls are steeling her heart too. She wishes that their coats were not in such bad shape but she knows once they grow out they will be as beautiful as me!!
[notify]
Sally

House Lamb!

Barked: Sun Mar 1, '09 8:21pm PST 
Awww Emma, that is GREAT news all around!!!! So glad that you found a great rescue to take them!!! And how wonderful to hear how they're coming around, emotionally, in your loving care. What a heartwarming story. cloud 9cloud 9cloud 9

Best of luck & wishes to all the spoos on their way to their forever homes!!!wishes
Come on, throw- it! throw it!

Barked: Wed Mar 4, '09 7:42pm PST 
Oooh. We know someone in Florida who helps to rescue poodles. She is WONDERFUL!! Send me a pmail and I will put you in touch with her.

For teeth, there is nothing better than RAW BONES. I just love to gnaw on a nice beef bone with some marrow in it. When my Mom started giving them to me, my teeth were kinda brownish. Now they are sparkly white, and it only took a couple of weeks! Plus, it's waaaay cheaper than having teeth cleaned at the vet's.
[notify]
Emma

Barked: Thu Mar 5, '09 5:10pm PST 
BAD NEWScry One of them is heartworm positivered face and the other 2 have not gone to the vet yet but mom is scared. She is praying every chance she gets in hopes the other ones are ok. She feel horrible about giving a heart worm positive dog to the rescue. She knows how expensive it is for the treatment and knows that times are tough for everyone. I just keep telling her that it is ok, she saved them that was the most important part! I just have to keep my allowance, instead of buying all those toys, so I can give it to the spoos in need!!!applause
[notify]
Emma

Barked: Mon Mar 9, '09 12:12pm PST 
All Three poodles have heartwormsfrown The boy has them pretty bad, but all are begining their treatment...cry
[notify]
Sally

House Lamb!

Barked: Mon Mar 9, '09 2:19pm PST 
Oh Emma, so sorry to hear that. Not surprised though, since you are in Florida right? And the poodles were in such bad condition when you rescued them -- it is obvious an owner like that also wouldn't be giving heartworm preventative. Such a shame that now these poodles have to go through a painful, dangerous and expensive treatment that could easily have been avoided.

At least they are in good hands now, to help them through this. Sending positive thoughts and Power of the Paw to the poodles.

hug
Mandy and - Casey

2PUPPIES 2x the- work 4x the fun

Barked: Mon Mar 9, '09 5:17pm PST 
Hoping you contacted poodlemom I know she was very interested from our other poodleboard.
Sucks about the heartworm but hopefully it can be cured with treatment
[notify]