GO!

JUST brought home a boston!

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Lulu

nubular!

Barked: Fri Jan 30, '09 9:34pm PST 
hey everypaw! dad just brought home a 7 month old boston terrier (mom calls them BLT's) and he doesnt seem to like me much. all i want to do is plaaaay, but he just shows his teeth and growls. moms really sad, she loves bostons but i am first adopted and hold a very special place in the household. so basically, if he cant warm up, hes going to have to go to his original home. does anyone have any suggestions on how we can make this transition easier and help the little BLT see i just wanna be friends?
[notify]
In Memory of- Miss Clover- Louis

Talk of the Town

Barked: Sun Feb 8, '09 4:20pm PST 
Try leaving little BLT in his crate for awhile then you can sniff him
I did not like my new brother Topper much either, Mom thought I would eat him, soon I kinda like him. Maybe just give each dog their own space for awhile.

Good luck
[notify]
Eden

Trouble...with a- capital T.

Barked: Mon Nov 23, '09 11:05pm PST 
Yeah, you definitely have to give your new brother time to adjust. I just came home three weeks ago, and I'm very friendly. When my mommy introduced me to my new friend, she was very careful and did so in small doses. Eventually, I really liked my new friend, and now we play all the time! The cat is still afraid of me, though...
[notify]