GO!

Anyone else on Comfortis?

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Rusty

The Little- Prince

Barked: Thu Jan 29, '09 11:54am PST 
Rusty is now on Comfortis for fleas. The Frontline wasn't working for him. Has anybody heard anything good or bad about Comfortis? Since it's a pill it makes me a little nervous. It seems to be working really well though.
[notify]
Rocket

Rocket's Red- Glare

Barked: Thu Jan 29, '09 12:03pm PST 
Rocket has been on Comfortis since I adopted her. Haven't seen a flea since! Plus, when my sister's dog (now my dog) came for a visit loaded with fleas, I'm convinced that we didn't have an infestation because of the Comfortis.

Both dogs are now on Comfortis and I couldn't be happier! big grin
[notify]
Fonzie

You will do as I- say

Barked: Thu Jan 29, '09 12:09pm PST 
I was going to ask about it too. I think I am going to order it for my dogs also. For those of you who have both dogs and cats what do you use on your cats if you are using comfortis for the dogs? From what I have seen it is only for dogs. Also, I read somewhere on here about using garlic?
I am getting ready to move into a new house so I want the dogs (and cats) protected before I move there since I don't know what has been in the yard or the house.
[notify]

Wyatt- Paisley

I love you! Love- me!

Barked: Thu Jan 29, '09 3:12pm PST 
I HATE Frontline! Didn't work for me and several other people I know. I've used the Comfortis for a couple months now and have had great luck with it. I personally prefer the pill vs. topical because my dogs are all long-haired. It's just messy. So far, I haven't heard anything negative about the Comfortis, but every dog is different, everyone hsa different experiences with products.
[notify]
Stella Agnes- CGC/TDI

CGC, Therapy- Dog. My velcro- girl!

Barked: Thu Jan 29, '09 5:11pm PST 
I think Frontline Plus "works", and I used it for years, BUT...I agree with the above poster concerning long-haired dogs. I hate the state of my dog's hair after applying Frontline. I also wanted something that was not a chemical! So, I have decided to use Springtime, Inc. Bug-off Garlic Chewables (they also make a powder). I have used it off and on for years, but lately decided to start using it long-term. I still use heartworm pills, tho' (Interceptor). I started using Bug-off starting in Dec. Here is their website: www.springtimeinc.com
[notify]
Henry

A little rescue- with a big- heart.

Barked: Thu Jan 29, '09 9:37pm PST 
I've been curious about this and had been planning on asking my vet about it, as Henry is on Sentinel (heartworm and flea preventative) with Capstar pills to kill adult fleas. The Capstar works really well but only for a couple of days. And I haven't decided what I want to use on Tucker yet. I tried a topical preventative on him once and really didn't like it - it was messy and he's very much a lap dog, so trying not to touch it while it dried was difficult (and he got it on my couch upholstery). Sometimes I use a natural flea repellant spray, but it has kind of an overwhelming smell (rosemary and cedar oil) and the dogs hate it. The Comfortis seems like it could be a good alternative, but I hadn't heard much feedback on it, so I'm curious to hear people's experiences, also!
[notify]
Honey

Honey,

Barked: Thu Jan 29, '09 10:48pm PST 
I used Frontlineplus for years, loved it. Then it stopped working. I tried advantage, it did not work. Fleas back in 2 weeks. I would treat dog, house and yard all same day to no avail.

I heard about Comfortis and ProMeris about the same time but had me doubts. After losing my golden retriever Hunter to ProHeart6, I am leary of any new product. After Hunter's death I started rasearch and found oodles and oodles of storeis of deaths and severe reactions to it, then of course it was pulld from te market for 4 years, re formulated and returned.

I researched ProMeris and did not like what I found. Even workers at my vets hospital did not like it. They did sugest Comfortis. I researched it and did not find one bad report. So i started Honey on it and i LOVE it. She has not had a flea since I started her and she has not had a pill since the very end ofAug.

I did the yard and house when I gave her her first pill, then did house and yard 2 weeks later. I have not done yard or house since mid Aug.

Only thing,it does not work against ticks. Great for fleas, but you need something else if you have a tick problem.
[notify]
Lola

What's for- dinner?

Barked: Sat Jan 31, '09 2:07pm PST 
One thing I do not like about Comfortis is that the flea still has to bite the dog in order for it to be killed since the drug is transported via the bloodstream. With Frontline Plus, all the flea has to do is come in contact with the drug and it dies, not biting involved. If your dog has flea allergies this can be a great concern seeing as how it only takes one little flea bite to set off a huge reaction!
[notify]
Nina

Loved Furever

Barked: Wed Feb 4, '09 1:38pm PST 
We have been on Frontline Plus for years, and recently it has not been working very well. My vet spoke of Comfortis, and said we could use it alone or in conjunction with the Frontline Plus. What would be the reason for using both products together? This would be very expensive esp. for 2 dogs. Also, Comfortis does not repel fleas, correct? Just kills them when dogs come into contact with them? Yikes! I'm concerned that using a product that does not actually repel the fleas would cause an infestation as soon as they stepped foot out into the yard.
[notify]
Coco

Rub my belly- paw-leeeeze

Barked: Tue Mar 31, '09 3:34pm PST 
I just started using Comfortis on Coco because her vet stopped carrying Frontline. Something about it not fighting fleas as well as it used to. I was concerned about switching, but it sounds like most of your furbabies are doing well on it.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3