GO!

Fwiwt Powe

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Topic closed to new posts.
(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  
Rudy Patudy

☺Me woofs yoo- Dogsta am- Ebewypups !♥

Barked: Sun Dec 28, '08 10:41pm PST 
Me fee diss fiwst om Dogsta red face

Me be a widdle nods suwe whewe foo pofes dis red face

Me wuffs foo pway am be weawwy imfoo waser wights smile

Boo dis mebbe be goobs fow me foo pway wiffs?

Widdle me wike foo wuns am chafes fings wongs fime red face

Me Daddy finks hims cams fimb mafewials foo meke dis fow me ad Wuwal Kimgs.red face

http://www.pulldoggies.com/flirtpole.htm

Amy heps am opimioms be gweaty appewciadeds .smile
[notify]
Rudy Patudy

☺Me woofs yoo- Dogsta am- Ebewypups !♥

Barked: Sun Dec 28, '08 10:48pm PST 
red face Homestwy me be a widdle afwaids foo pofes oudda Pwus fums red face

smile Pwease oh pwease be bewy gemflessmile
[notify]
Nick, CGC, WETX

I like wet, fowl- smelling things

Barked: Mon Dec 29, '08 5:19am PST 
If you're asking about a flirt pole for a rat terrier I hope this helps.

I copy and pasted this from an old post of mine. I know quite a few dogsters have made them and love them.

For a dog your size a smaller version of this pole will work well too, it all depends on who will be handling it, how much room you have and how much running you like to do.

"Flirt Pole

It is a very useful tool because you won't get tired out while you can have your dog running and burning energy! You can make one very cheaply.

Get a 6-7 ft piece of 3/4" pvc pipe from Home Depot (should be about $2.00) and about 20 ft of thick nylon cord. Tie a big knot in one end of the cord so it can't slip through the pipe and feed the other end through the pipe. Now tie a toy, something big or weird like a stuffed animal (a tennis ball can work well too), to the end of the cord (the end without the knot in it).

Hold the pipe toward the bottom with both hands and swing it around. You will see the toy whips out kind of like casting with a fishing rod. Practice with it a little but you will find that you can pull it along the ground fast, change directions, have it hop in the air. Your motion will be like waving a flag pole.

Now bring your dog out and let him sniff the toy, drag it along just out of his reach, get him interested, he'll go after it. If he's totally reluctant to investigate it rub treats on it or a little peanut butter. After he's interested pull it away faster and faster. The beauty of the pole is that you can generate a lot of speed, much more than if you were just pulling the cord or running with it and you won't get tired. Keep the toy moving a long the ground at first. Some dogs don’t like it if you pull it too hard to change direction and it flies over their head in th beginning until they get used to it.

In the beginning let him "catch" the toy often to build his interest and confidence. He will want to keep playing. It is a great way to burn energy, build prey/toy drive and confidence in your dog."

Edited by moderator Tue Dec 30, '08 7:26am PST

Edited by forums moderator

Dylan aka- Dilly

frisbee- s rule

Barked: Mon Dec 29, '08 6:08am PST 
laugh out loud hi rudy
[notify]
HARRY -- ADOPTABLE!

Adoptable

Barked: Mon Dec 29, '08 7:40am PST 
Rudy, I saw two jacks playing with a flirt pole at the park the other day. They were having a total blast! Peanut butter has paved the way for many introductions in my house. Have fun and Happy New Year.
[notify]
River

Always hug your- puppy...

Barked: Mon Dec 29, '08 8:56am PST 
hug Rudy hughug
[notify]
R.I.P. RaJa- Babu Always- SDBH,

Reporter- Extraordinaire!

Barked: Mon Dec 29, '08 9:50am PST 
Rudy Patudywavewave

Rudese takes a while to get used to, and of course, you have to be willing to learn it. It is not easy. He is a good friend and now I can understand 75% of what he says, the rest is "I think Rudy is probably saying this..." He wants information of a flirt pole, and I think he got that!

BOL, Rudy Patudy Picassobig grin
[notify]
Rosalita Lola "Rosie"

Love is never- being told you'- naughty!

Barked: Mon Dec 29, '08 12:41pm PST 
hugRudyhug

Edited by moderator Tue Dec 30, '08 1:18pm PST

Edited by forums moderator
River

Always hug your- puppy...

Barked: Mon Dec 29, '08 12:51pm PST 
hughug Rudy hughug

hughug Rosie hughug
[notify]
ZOE, ALWAYS- IN MY HEART

What- Would Cesar- Do?

Barked: Mon Dec 29, '08 1:09pm PST 
wudy, long time no see. too much energy huh?? hughughughug

*that's the way wudy talks (wouldn't want it any other way) and he got an answer so i guess the ones that had the answers understood*
[notify]
(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5