GO!

Fruitables Mixer?

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Alfie

Mom & Me = BFF!

Barked: Wed Nov 26, '08 3:55am PST 
Has anyone tried this product yet?

http://www.fruitablespetfood.com/fruitables_cinnamon.html

We love canned pumpkin, and thought this looked interesting. Do doggies like cinnamon? thinking
[notify]
Archie

Barked: Thu Nov 27, '08 8:20pm PST 
Yes, I've been using this product for about a month. My reason for trying the product was that my dog had endured intermitent GI issues for about nine months. After having spent over $5,000 on vet bills, including several visits to an iternist, I listened to friends who suggested that pumpkin typically helps with stomach problems. The problem appears to have been resolved; his stools have been solid and the discomfort has disappeared. My dog absolutely loves his food garnished with the pumpkin and cinnamon.blue dog
[notify]
Lily

Whose bed?? Why- would YOU think- that?

Barked: Thu Nov 27, '08 8:54pm PST 
Yes, dogs love cinnamon. I make some treats with pumpkin, peanut butter, ginger and cinnamon. My furgirls and any visitors love them.

As for the the product you can make your own with a $1.39 can of pumpkin and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Cinnamon is good for stable blood sugar. Ginger is good for digestion (not in the product). The other amino acids in there are available in your better dog foods, so they are really just extras. The 'sale' price of $35/12 cans=almost $3. And that's not counting the shipping.

Nothing wrong with it, but not in my price range.
[notify]