GO!

OMG. fleas. fleas. FLEAS!

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Marley

Be my friend!

Barked: Sat Sep 6, '08 2:20pm PST 
cryfrownshockconfused Marley has been having fleas these days. Probably bcuz its really hot right now. Whenever he had them, we would brush him with a flea brush and give him a flea bath. Theyre gone then but they keep coming back. I hate them! How do you prevent them from coming. Marley has monthly flea medication but I'm thinking about switching to frontline or k9 advantix. Would that help?

What do you chis do to prevent fleas on your dog?thinking
[notify]
Luna

scratch my- booty...come on- just a lil!!!

Barked: Sat Sep 6, '08 9:08pm PST 
To get rid of fleas you need to treat your house and yard at the same time you treat Marley. Everywhere that Marley goes he is dropping tiny little flea eggs. So you need to vacume all your carpets and furniture to pick up as much of the fleas and eggs as you can then throw out the dirty bag. You can then flea bomb your house or spray everywhere that Marley goes. Wash all his bedding. You need to get some flea spray for the yard to kill all the fleas outside. Also treat any other animals in the household or that he plays with regularly. Fleas are terrible to deal with, but lots of hard work will get rid of them so you want have to use Advantage or any other chemicals. Down with the fleas!way to go
[notify]
Marley

Be my friend!

Barked: Tue Sep 9, '08 9:36pm PST 
do flea bites go away? or do they stay as scars???
if they go away when will mine.
[notify]

Luna

scratch my- booty...come on- just a lil!!!

Barked: Tue Sep 9, '08 10:11pm PST 
If the bite doesnt get scratched into a scab it won't scar. Try not to scratch and if you do put neosporin on the scab so it heals better. So sorry you have to deal with fleas. It is no fun and I wish I could help you get rid of themhug
[notify]
Tidbit

Did someone say,- 'Treat'?!?

Barked: Thu Sep 11, '08 3:56pm PST 
When mommy got me, much to her dismay, I had fleas. The vet told her to put this stuff on the carpet, leave it there for a bit and then vacuum it up(it kills the fleas or something?). I was also put on meds. It worked. I'm an adult now and I am on Frontline Plus to keep fleas at bay. My sister, also a chihuahua, is on Advantage Flea Medication. I would recommend talking to your vet and asking him/her for recommendations on flea control on your pet and in your home.
[notify]