GO!

The Puppy and Parvo

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

Ruby in the- Rough aka- "Ruby"

I am The- Princess, bow- down.

Barked: Wed Aug 13, '08 10:54am PST 
Here is an update of sorts on my Mum's puppy - the one that wouldn't eat. Puppy has Parvo. The good thing is that since they caught it so early her chances for survival are extremely good. In fact, putting her to sleep was never suggested. Which is good because Mum couldn't handle that.

The wee one has been in the vet hospital since yesterday morning and she will stay there at least another two days. Here's some more good news. As of this morning she was shows signs of improvement - she was sitting up on her own! My 'rents and sister has this fabulous vet and staff in their town and they are so kind and supportive. Even I call 'em asking for any updates and I'm 600+ miles away! I even pass messages to Mum from the vet/staff. laugh out loud

Now all that needs to be done is finish sterilizing Mum and Dad's house before the baby comes back home. They feel significantly better knowing that the puppy will pull through and have stopped crying. Next it will be tears of joy.

Please - keep sending positive vibes to my parents and the puppy. It's working.
[notify]
Louie

Lickers to all- dogs big and- small!

Barked: Wed Aug 13, '08 12:03pm PST 
Parvo is never a good thing, but I am glad they caught it early.
snoopysnoopy hughug
[notify]

Barked: Wed Aug 13, '08 12:33pm PST 
Louie, you are a peachy pooch after my own heart. I love your furry hide.

To anyone residing in Tennessee, there is a massive outbreak of Parvo going on. Be prepared and forewarned.

Mum's vet said that they have had a major increase of Parvo infected dogs come through their doors but surprisingly (in a good way), the majority of them survive. The puppy has a much higher chance at survival since they caught it literally within 24 hours.

This is my parents' first pet if you don't count the fish. They are both very attached to the little pup who was given the short end of the stick since she was born. This is just as hard on them as it is on the puppy. They need her as much as she needs them. But even at just 10 weeks old the little girl is a fighter and that is such a huge plus in her favor. It's going to be a long three days but they will do anything to help her through this.
[notify]

Raffael

I am the big- protector

Barked: Wed Aug 13, '08 2:49pm PST 
You will make it. I had parve when I was little and was a week in the hospital. And look, now I'm barking with the big dogs.

way to go
cheer
[notify]
♥ Angel Kendra ♥

My heart belongs- to my Daddy

Barked: Wed Aug 13, '08 4:19pm PST 
Keep us updated Ruby. way to go hug
[notify]

Barked: Thu Aug 14, '08 10:18am PST 
SHE MADE IT!!!

Little puppy is now an official survivor of Parvo and she gets to go to her new home (my parents' farm) this weekend.

Mum is still crying but this time it's happy tears.
[notify]
Raffael

I am the big- protector

Barked: Thu Aug 14, '08 10:26am PST 
way to goway to goway to goway to go
Yep, that feels good, doesn't it.
cheercheercheercheercheercheercheercheercheercheercheercheer
hughamster dancehamster dance
[notify]

Barked: Thu Aug 14, '08 9:22pm PST 
Oh, Raff, it is beyond feeling good. My parents are just giddy over this. I like it when my parents are happy.

And I LOVE your cheerleaders and the dancing hamsters. laugh out loud

Edited by author Thu Aug 14, '08 9:23pm PST

[notify]
Percy

It's Percy Man!

Barked: Mon Aug 18, '08 5:26pm PST 
I am really happy to hear the puppy made it. Parvo always scares me. Our little guy had 8 inches of his intestines removed because of Parvo but he is very happy and healthy 1.5 year old.
[notify]
Lucy Louise

Just call me- Grandma.

Barked: Mon Aug 18, '08 8:45pm PST 
hamster dancesnoopyhamster dancesnoopyhamster dancesnoopyhamster dancesnoopyhamster dancesnoopyhamster dancesnoopyhamster dancesnoopyhamster dancesnoopy

Woohoo! She made it!!! This pup has someone looking out for her after her trip through the trash and then her bout with parvo. Your parents must be thrilled that she survived, but please do tell them from us Dogsters that we are thrilled that they took her in and gave her a chance!!! applause
[notify]