GO!

What's the deal with D.A.P.?

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Naya

Do you have any- edamame beans?

Barked: Tue Jul 22, '08 9:06pm PST 
We drove with Naya from NJ to TX a few weeks ago, and we picked up some "Dog Appeasing Pheromone" spray.

I called bogus, but at times, she seemed almost high. Maybe she was just bored. She was pretty good, but the second we'd slow down she started to pant and get anxious. I guess she was assuming we were arriving to wherever we were going. She did pretty well all in all. Had some shakes and heavy panting, but after a while she just went to sleep.

She loves her 3 acre yard now. Green anole lizards are her favorite. Just hope she doesn't find a copperhead one day!
[notify]
Naya

Do you have any- edamame beans?

Barked: Fri Jul 25, '08 6:50am PST 
BUMP....

Has this been discussed to death already? I researched a little and it doesn't seem like a total fakery.

Would you try it?

I know, I'm going to try it on my girlfriends Mom's totally neurotic Jack, Chi mix. If he chills out then I'll know it works.
[notify]
Harper

Lets Play!

Barked: Fri Jul 25, '08 10:15am PST 
My Mom has used D.A.P. several times. She noticed a difference in my behavior when crate training me if the diffuser was on or off. But the D.A.P. did not work for my foster brother, who has been adopted (yippee for him).

In my opinion it works just like anything else, for some dogs it works great, not so well for others. If the D.A.P. is not working for you I know there are other herbal remedies out there that are sometimes effective, my pet store sells some, and I have heard rescue remedy can work well for a highly anxious dog, but I have not used any of the others.
[notify]