GO!

Marion - Grant County (Indiana) Humane Society Closing

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

Nala

Barked: Thu May 22, '08 6:42am PST 
Please visit this site to see all the dogs in need: http://picsbycindy.com/marion_grant_dogs.htm
[notify]
Sasha Belle

Bring Blue- Home!!

Barked: Thu May 22, '08 7:01am PST 
A week ago that list had fewer dogs that needed to be saved. Some of those dogs weren't even on that list a week ago.

I don't get it if they know they are closing and that they will euthanize any remaining dogs why are they still taking them in?!?! That just doesn't make sense to me.

Regardless I hope that they all get out of there on time.
[notify]
Toby

Toby Von- BeaglePaws

Barked: Thu May 22, '08 11:21am PST 
I crossposted everywhere !
[notify]

Lily

Adopt an Adult- Dog! Save a- life!

Barked: Thu May 22, '08 12:52pm PST 
I agree, Sasha. We live in Indiana and have been trying to follow this shelter's situation, but it is hard because they quit updating their website. It is a very sad situation for the dogs that is all caused by the politics and pride of the people involved. Regardless of why, those dogs deserve loving forever homes and we hope they find them.
[notify]
Brinlee

But why can't I- have Rabbit- stew??

Barked: Thu May 22, '08 7:34pm PST 
This totally upsets mommy. She was on here about two weeks ago to try and help one of the dogs on there. But he was adopted out before she could get to him. There weren't that many dogs on there left to be saved and now they have added a bunch. I don't understand why they are taking in the dogs if they are just going to euthanize them. I hope for these dogs sake, they get saved before it's too late.
[notify]