GO!

Consumer alert article about Nutro

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Cindy (RIP)

I'm in my happy- place

Barked: Fri Apr 25, '08 5:12am PST 
This is a fairly long article about Nutro. If you use it or are thinking about starting you might think again after reading. If any spaces show up you'll have to remove that space to get the link to work.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2008/04/pet_food_reca lls93.html

Edited by author Fri Apr 25, '08 5:16am PST

[notify]
Buddy

Giving my paw- can get me- anything!

Barked: Fri Apr 25, '08 7:04am PST 
I posted this a while ago on here.... I have never fed Nutro, but I posted it out of pure shock. How in the world can they get away with feeding all these chemicals and killing/injuring all of these poor animals? SCARY!! eek
[notify]
Jenna:- 1999-2012

It's all about- me!

Barked: Fri Apr 25, '08 8:43am PST 
We don't feed Nutro, but articles like these make us glad that we rotate brands. Problems can arise in any brand at any time, and if you eat one brand exclusively it seems to increase your chances of getting ill.
frown
[notify]

Kennen,- rainbow- bridge

tough little man

Barked: Fri Apr 25, '08 11:21am PST 
I have never fed Nutro ,
but I'm not surprised with these news!!!!
[notify]
Willy Moo

Pimpin ain't- easy

Barked: Fri Apr 25, '08 2:43pm PST 
i wonder if htat is why there is a "shortage" of NUtro right now. shrug

we have been feeding Willy Nutro Lamb and Rice and i thought it was a good, safe brand but now im reading all sorts of bad stuff about it and we are switching foods soon. im actually kind of upset we have so much left as i dont want to feed it to him anmore
[notify]
Willy Moo

Pimpin ain't- easy

Barked: Fri Apr 25, '08 2:54pm PST 
oh wait that article is from last summer. nevermind
[notify]
Angel Maddy

Forever Loved.- 12/20/00-02/05/1- 2

Barked: Fri Apr 25, '08 3:10pm PST 
Wow, the article's date is April 18, 2008. Scary! I'm glad we're feeding Nature's Logic.
[notify]
Nefertiti

Queen of the- Squeakies!

Barked: Fri Apr 25, '08 8:30pm PST 
i've never had that problem with Neffie. But she eats Nutro Ultra (which I switched her to about 3 months ago), and she's never been better. Maybe it's just the Max and the Natural Choice that's having problems.
[notify]
Peg (In- Loving- Memory)

Barked: Fri Apr 25, '08 9:58pm PST 
Yeesh, I just got a free 5 lb bag of Nutro Natural Choice Lamb & Rice through the company, and I fed a couple of the wet food pouches. Thanks for posting this!
[notify]
Daisy

throw the- ball!!!!- PLEASE!!!

Barked: Fri Apr 25, '08 10:04pm PST 
uhh we think all nutro is silencedsilencedsilenced
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2