GO!

Anyone use Natures Variety Prairie?

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Madisyn

Its all about- me....Madie!!!!

Barked: Sun Mar 2, '08 9:55am PST 
Does anyone have any experience with Natures Variety Prairie? Im switching Madie off Canidae and bought 2 foods....Merrick Turducken and Prairie Venison &Millet. She does not like Turcucken at all. I mixed some in with Canidae and she chewed it up and spit it out. But then I gave her Prairie and shes eating it. I hope she continues because it seems like a decent food. Id like to know if anyone has any opinions/experience with it?
[notify]
CHARLIE

Aint I cute?

Barked: Sun Mar 2, '08 10:54am PST 
I've never tried the kibble but I did use the canned to mix in with their dry food.
[notify]
Trix~Lady Chaos

Unable to- respond...

Barked: Sun Mar 2, '08 3:53pm PST 
I use the different formulas of NV Prairie part of a rotation diet. They pups love all of the different types (even semipicky Oni is eager to eat it)and they do well on it.
[notify]

Karl Pierre

Oh my. Where did- all this hair- come from

Barked: Sun Mar 2, '08 3:56pm PST 
We use the Instinct as a rotation with our Dane (isn't a fan of raw), we've also used their raw food at one time also, and Nature's Logic. Not the prarie though, but the products we have tried are great. I think the difference is that the prarie has grains, but other then that we like the company and their products.
[notify]

Barked: Sun Mar 2, '08 5:25pm PST 
http://www.naturesvariety.com

The Instinct line is grain free. The Prarie line does contain some grains.

I like the Instinct canned foods way to go
[notify]
Sherman

I'll be back

Barked: Sun Mar 2, '08 5:40pm PST 
I like the frozen diets. We used to rotate through the dry Praire, but I don't do well on it anymore.
[notify]
Ava

Ava is my name- and chewing is- my game

Barked: Sun Mar 2, '08 7:13pm PST 
I was on the prairie kind. I loved it! I really liked the beef and barley kind. Now mom thought it would be good to try the grain free kind. Both are good. wink
[notify]
Sofia

Soafie Loafie

Barked: Sun Mar 2, '08 9:13pm PST 
Sofia and Wexford both eat Nature's Variety Prairie. Right now they are eating Lamb Meal and Oatmeal. We have been feeding NV now for about 8 months and they are doing well. We do rotate every month or two between Nature's Variety and Natural Balance. Their favorite seems to be the Salmon and Brown Rice flavor.

Edited by author Sun Mar 2, '08 9:14pm PST

[notify]
Madisyn

Its all about- me....Madie!!!!

Barked: Fri Mar 7, '08 6:13pm PST 
So far so good. She seems to like the Prairie Venison & Millet Medley and we will soon be trying the chicken formula. I think I finally found a food she will eat! BOL! Plus I think I like the fact that it has that biocoating which adds a bit more meat too it. Thanks guys!
[notify]
Ursa Bella- Minima

I'm a hound- dog...

Barked: Fri Mar 7, '08 7:44pm PST 
We just bought a bag of that which we'll start in a week or so when the chicken we have is done. I've only heard good things about it...
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2