GO!

Baltimore Groomer jailed

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your dog. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your dog's hygiene needs.

Rosalita Lola "Rosie"

Love is never- being told you'- naughty!

Barked: Tue Nov 20, '07 9:25am PST 
I reported a while ago on a Baltimore MD groomer that strangled and ultimately killed a little poodle being found guilty. Well, she was sentenced to 90 days jail yestersay and was immediately taken away. She is not allowed to groom any longer and is also facing another trial next week for for hurting another dog.

ARTICLE

I am so glad she got a prison sentence - what she did to that poor dog was just shocking.cry
[notify]
Lady

woofs and kisses

Barked: Tue Nov 20, '07 12:14pm PST 
That's horrible cry At least she got some jail time and is facing consequences but 90 days just seems so light for killing an animal, especially since she was in a position of trust. We really do need harsher sentencing for animal cruelty.
[notify]
Rosalita Lola "Rosie"

Love is never- being told you'- naughty!

Barked: Tue Nov 20, '07 4:23pm PST 
You know it's very possible some judge would have let her off so I am pleased she got 90 days. She is facing a second trial too so hopefully she will be found guilty also and get longer.
[notify]

Wufei

I'm not a boy,- I'm a real dog!

Barked: Tue Nov 20, '07 5:09pm PST 
yeah, i guess we should be thankful for that.

cry in here, abusers like that only get a slap on the hand. i doubt it will even go to trial.

there was even a guy in another forum i used to post in... his vet stole one of the puppies his dog had during cs birth. (during ultrasound, they were informed there were around 3 puppies but after birth the vet informed them there was only 2) and after a couple of weeks, there was already a poster for a puppy being sold by the vet.

he didn't even file a complaint. he just ranted in the forum since he knows no one, not even a judge, would take him seriously. cry

the only thing he could do was spread the word about this evil vet.
[notify]
Oliver -- My Beloved -

Dogs make you a- better human

Barked: Tue Nov 20, '07 5:46pm PST 
Thank you, Rosie, for this update. So often, people who abuse animals are given such leniency that it doesn't serve as much of a deterrent to them or other people. I really believe we have to have stricter penalties for crimes against animals--they are family members--not human--but still family. They need to be protected and they need laws and judges on their side too. Good for this Judge. Poor little Rajah--if he did bite her, it was obviously in self defense. I truly hope she gets even more time and never works with animals again. How cruel can a heart be?
[notify]
♥Bonz- i In Memory

Jeremy's best- friend

Barked: Tue Nov 20, '07 7:18pm PST 
She needs more than 90 days for killing this poodle. WHat was her deal? I can't believe someone could hurt any animal at all.
[notify]
Gunner

I solemnly swear- that I am up to- no good

Barked: Fri Nov 23, '07 3:00pm PST 
Thank you for posting this Rosie.

I wish our animal cruelty charges were more severe.
[notify]