GO!

Difference between an Amstaff and a Staffordshire Bull Terrier?

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

Quinn

Dancing with- myself, whoa-oh.

Barked: Fri Sep 28, '07 7:58pm PST 
Wasn't quite sure where to post this question... I'm definitely NOT on the market for another dog at the moment, but I was curious about this. I'm pretty naive when it comes to telling most smooth coated molosser breeds apart. =/

Is it just that one's from America and the other's from England, or are the temperaments and physical features different, as well?

Thanks all. smile
[notify]
Tank

Mars is covered- in BBQs!

Barked: Fri Sep 28, '07 8:57pm PST 
Pitties:
http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/americanpitbull.htm

Staffie s:
http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/americanstaffordshire.htm

Hope it helps. big grin
[notify]
TK, CGC

Stop and lay in- the sunshine

Barked: Sat Sep 29, '07 1:00am PST 
Staffordshire Bull Terriers are the very small "pit bulls". They typically only weigh 20 or 30 lbs. They have very jovial personalities and the cutest little faces! I love them. They just exude happiness.

AmStaffs and Pit Bulls are a larger version of the Staffy Bull. I have trouble discerning the former 2 from each other, as I think most people do. I have heard things from "one is the show version and one is the fighting version" to "the AmStaff is larger than the Pit Bull".... I honestly can't tell the difference between those 2. But the Staffy Bull for sure is much much smaller than the AmStaff/Pit Bull crew.
[notify]

Boston

BSL - laws against- BigSexyLugs- stop it!

Barked: Sat Sep 29, '07 3:11am PST 
I agree, Staffies are smaller, and oh-so-cute!!!
Those sweet little ears, and big girns! cloud 9
[notify]
Hershey

Let's play!!!

Barked: Sat Sep 29, '07 8:37pm PST 
Difference between pit bulls

This link explains it to a T.
[notify]
Quinn

Dancing with- myself, whoa-oh.

Barked: Mon Oct 1, '07 5:29am PST 
Thanks so much everyone. smile Hershey, that site was exactly what I was looking for!
[notify]