GO!

I have lymphoma. :(

This is a special place for pups to share their love and support for each other during difficult times; it's a place to light candles, give the "Power of the Paw," and let everyfur know they are never ever alone.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Max (In- loving- memory)

Until we meet- again...

Barked: Tue Aug 21, '07 2:06pm PST 
I was diagnosed about two and a half weeks ago, when my neck and eyes got all swollen. Because I'm 13 and a half years old, the vet didn't think chemo was a good idea, but put me on prednisone and some herbal treatments (Reishi mushroom and Stasis Breaker). The overall swelling in my neck has gone down, but my lymph nodes are still as swollen as before, so my family is worried. I am not feeling too badly, but I am panting a bit more than usual and my vision seems to be getting worse.

Overall, though, I am enjoying my special high protein/low carb diet A LOT, and I clean my bowl every day! I also enjoy taking all of my pills (I think they're treats).

Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers, if you wouldn't mind.
[notify]
Roxy

Rocket Girl

Barked: Tue Aug 21, '07 7:10pm PST 
Aw Max,

I am sorry to hear that you have lymphoma and you are definitely in my thoughts and prayers. Mom treats humans who have lymphoma and other types of cancer and I go with sometimes when they get chemo. It doesn't look like fun. I hope you still feel well for a while and have some good times with your family. I hope you don't hurt or feel scared.

xoxo,

Rox-Rox
[notify]
Sake - 1999-2008

Saketini High- Maintenance the- Playful

Barked: Tue Aug 21, '07 8:31pm PST 
Hi Max,

I have lymphoma too. I was diagnosed two months ago. I am doing the chemo because I am usually ok with it (although some drugs have been bad for me). My Mom and I are thinking of you and sending big get well wishes.

Big hugs

Sake
[notify]

Max (In- loving- memory)

Until we meet- again...

Barked: Wed Aug 22, '07 11:27am PST 
Thank you, Sake and Rox-Rox. I appreciate your friendship and support! Yesterday, I was having a lot of trouble seeing, but today, I am getting around better. I am scared, but I am still eating well and enjoying my treats.
[notify]
Roxy

Roxy the Miracle- Doxie

Barked: Thu Aug 23, '07 1:01am PST 
Hi Max, I was diagnosed in February. I was almost 14 but in good general health so we tried chemo. We didn't get the remission we hoped for but many dogs with lymphoma respond very well to chemo. Some go into remission for months or a year. I hope your vet has told you what to expect. Lymphoma is fast. I don't want to scare you but it helps to know so you can make treatment decisions or other plans. I hope you are still feeling OK and enjoying each day. My mom takes me for stroller rides to get me out of the house and in the fresh air. It was the oncologist's idea and it is the best part of my day.

Edited by author Thu Aug 23, '07 1:14am PST

[notify]
Nikki

There are no bad- dogs, just bad- owners!

Barked: Thu Aug 23, '07 5:57am PST 
We're all thinking of you hug
[notify]
Max (In- loving- memory)

Until we meet- again...

Barked: Thu Aug 23, '07 10:16am PST 
Thank you, everyone. I'm not feeling too good. While I still love my food, I've been feeling confused. Sometimes I don't seem to know where I am. I hate this horrible disease, and I fear it might be time to say goodbye soon...
[notify]
Roxy

Roxy the Miracle- Doxie

Barked: Thu Aug 23, '07 11:08am PST 
Oh Max, I'm so sorry you're not feeling well.
[notify]
Bingo (at- Rainbow- Bridge)

Not today, Not- without a fight!

Barked: Fri Aug 24, '07 5:46am PST 
Hi Max! I have lymphoma too! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers, and hope you will do the same for me!!
[notify]
Max (In- loving- memory)

Until we meet- again...

Barked: Fri Aug 24, '07 11:04am PST 
Bingo, I hope you feel better!

I am doing OK. Still hanging on. Sometimes I have trouble seeing, and sometimes I do OK. It's quite an emotional roller coaster for my family, but I am trying to be tough.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2