GO!

spaying

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  
Willow

Barked: Tue May 1, '07 1:16pm PST 
Hi

my mum and dad have had a chat with the vet about me being spayed.

They are apprehensive because my big sister went in to be spayed and went to rainbow bridge shortly after.

My mum has decided to go ahead and have me spayed, she would like to do it next month however i wont have had my first season by then

are there many other friends who have been spayed before their first season
[notify]
Rosalita Lola "Rosie"

Love is never- being told you'- naughty!

Barked: Tue May 1, '07 1:31pm PST 
I think that most pups are spayed before their first season - that is the idea. Spay around 6 months old.
[notify]
Shayla

My Sunshine!

Barked: Tue May 1, '07 1:31pm PST 
Hi Willow,
I'm going to be spayed May 15th. I will only be 8 weeks old!!! frown My breeder insists before I get her. They have been doing this for many years as I've been told by my breeder.
I have researched it also and it has been done for over 10 years now. I'm praying everything goes ok with my pup as well!
Good luck to you and take care...hug
[notify]

Gretta

Where's my- Tiara?

Barked: Tue May 1, '07 1:36pm PST 
Hi Sweetie! I was spayed before my first season too, at 5 months old. A lot of the health benefits to spaying are tied into undergoing the procedure before your initial heat!

Good luck, cutie! We'll keep our paws crossed for you!
Tess

Raw-fed and- loving it!

Barked: Tue May 1, '07 1:45pm PST 
I would be a little worried too about the spaying but it is perfectly normal, beneficial, and healthy to spay before the first heat. Do you know if there was any connection between the spaying and your other dog passing away, or was it just a coincidence? Without knowing all of the circumstances it's hard to tell whether the spaying really did cause the unfortunate loss of your dog. If the same vet is doing this spay and you're not 100 percent comfortable with that, then you might want to look into getting another vet to perform the procedure. Kudos to you for spaying... it's a VERY responsible thing to do! Best of luck and sending you wishes for a speedy and successful recovery! smile
[notify]
Abbie

I needed you as- much as you- needed me

Barked: Tue May 1, '07 2:52pm PST 
I am getting spayed on May 14th and I will 5 months old, the vet said it is better before I go into heat and it cost less. My mommy is worried to but she knows its for the best, there is enough unwanted pups around.
I hope it goes well for you and all the best, Love Abbie.
[notify]
Shayla

My Sunshine!

Barked: Tue May 1, '07 4:06pm PST 
Hi Abbie, wave
I will be thinking about ya cause actually thats the same day I will be getting spayed...BOL..Cause here in Australia we are a day ahead! Good luck and speedy recovery! May 14th in Canada = May 15th in Australia...I just can't wait till its over and done with so Mommy and I can stop worrying...confusedwishes

Edited by author Tue May 1, '07 4:08pm PST

[notify]
♥- Bree Berry- ♥

♥Yes I'm- That Cute! - ♥

Barked: Tue May 1, '07 4:54pm PST 
Mommy is taking me to be spayed on July 2nd. That will be before my 1st season and my sister Sasha had her done way be before she went in to heat! The vet and Mom Agree it healthier...
[notify]
Lula - -

Too Much- Booty!!!

Barked: Tue May 1, '07 5:22pm PST 
big grin My mom is going to get me spayed before I'm 6 months old also. That's the healthy way to do it. She's gonna get me microchipped at the same time. cheercheercheer
[notify]
Kema 8/7/96- ♥- 10/22/05

I love my- family!!! XOXO

Barked: Tue May 1, '07 5:32pm PST 
It is actually very beneficial to be spayed before your first heat as it greatly reduces the chance of getting mammary cancer.
Here is some great info
Spay

Oh, I was spayed before my first heat.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6