GO!

Hi! I'm new with a question...

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Tyler

I'm such a- cutie!

Barked: Thu Apr 12, '07 1:49pm PST 
I just noticed there was a section on Dogster for Yorkies.

I'm wondering how much you feed your Yorkie a day? I feed about 1/4 cup a day of Canidae.

His weight is good but it seems like so little so I want to make sure he's getting enough food. He gets small treats here and there.

big grin
[notify]
Cho Cho

SPOIL ME- ROTTEN!!

Barked: Thu Apr 12, '07 4:24pm PST 
how much exactly do you weight? The amound you feed usually depends on the weight.
[notify]
Tyler

I'm such a- cutie!

Barked: Fri Apr 13, '07 3:43am PST 
Hi! I'm 5 lbs.
[notify]

Tennessee's- Jasper Jax- a.k.a.

Barked: Fri Apr 13, '07 8:50am PST 
Hey Tyler,
My mommy feeds me about 1/2 cup day or just what I eat. She doesn't really measure it out. I have a little bowl she fills up(And I mean little) and I eat until I get finished and then I burp. That's how she knows that I am finished. I eat twice a day. After she knows that I am finished, she takes my bowl up until the next feeding. Like I said sometimes I don't eat all of it. So give or take 1/2 cup a day. I am also 7 mths old. Someone did tell my mommy that a Yorkie will not over eat if you leave it out, but my mommy still takes my food up when I'm finished. I weigh 3 lbs and shouldn't get much bigger, if any! Hope this helps!smile
[notify]
Baboo

Baboo - I can keep up- with the big- dogs!

Barked: Fri Apr 13, '07 9:28am PST 
Hi. My mommy leaves dry food out for me all day. I eat when I'm hungry and don't when I'm not. My vet told mommy that leaving food out is okay because I'll only eat when I want to. If I'm really good, sometimes I get canned food (Ceaser puppy) is my favorite and I LOVE chicken baby food as a special treat. My mommy also gives me Nutrical puppy if I am being picky and not wanting to eat. This ensures I get the vitamins and calories we need.
[notify]
Cho Cho

SPOIL ME- ROTTEN!!

Barked: Sun Apr 15, '07 12:28pm PST 
If you're 5lb and with normal amounts of daily activities then the recommanded amount is 1cup a day with some treats during the day.
[notify]
♥- Sasha Baby- ♥

Barked: Sun Apr 15, '07 8:06pm PST 
Hi Tyler!
It all depends on the food. When I am on Merricks dry I get 3/4 cup of food a day and I am 5lbs. But if I am on Can food I will only get 1/2 a can in the am and 1/2 in the eveing.
But right now I am on Solid Gold Wee bites dry and I get about 1/2 cup a day. Mommy fills my bowel in the am and it last me all day. If i haven't eaten all my food by the eveing mommy will freeshen my food up.
[notify]
Tyler

I'm such a- cutie!

Barked: Tue Apr 17, '07 9:13am PST 
Yeah, I agree it depends on the food. I started feeding him the same amount as I would his old food and he gained a little weight because Canidae is so rich.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm going to up his food a little bit and see how much he eats and go from there.

wink
[notify]
Bruizer

Born For- Lovins!!!

Barked: Mon Apr 23, '07 10:54am PST 
Hello, My mommy leaves my dry food out all day till about two hours before bed tie and then she picks it up. I also have a sister who is alot bigger han me, She is a sheltie so between the two of us we eat when we want. I get about a 1/4 of a cup of canned food at lunch and treats durring the day when I'm a good boy and potty ouside. I hope this helps!
[notify]
Izzy

Sleepy Izzy

Barked: Wed Apr 25, '07 1:55pm PST 
Im 5lbs too. I get about a 1/4 cup of home cooked food in the morning and evening. During the day my mommy leaves a small amount of Solid Gold Wee Bits during the day to snack on. I also get a couple of treats in between...is that too much food? I hope not, because I like it!
[notify]