GO!

Floppy Ears

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Lucyy!?!!- =]]

So much cooler- than yerr mom :]

Barked: Sun Mar 25, '07 6:56am PST 
My pup is 10 weeks old, but her ears are not standing up. Being a first time Corgi owner I do not know when they should stand. So around what age do they stand up? shrug
[notify]
Picnic

Pamper me!

Barked: Sun Mar 25, '07 1:34pm PST 
TBH, I don't remember when Picnic's ears began to stand up... but I do know that 10 weeks is relatively young for a corgi... you might want to wait until yours is at least four months to be concerned.
[notify]
Queenie- Gismo

Barked: Mon Mar 26, '07 10:52am PST 
My gizzys ears would go up for a couple weeks then one would flop and then they would be up-it went on and on like that for a whilelaugh out loud

Look at her pics and you'll see one of her one floppy ear and she was almost full grown-it didn eventually stand up though!
[notify]

Thorn

Give it to me- and I'll rip it- up!

Barked: Tue Mar 27, '07 2:14pm PST 
At 10 weeks they should start standing up on their own. Thorn's ears wouldn't so I held them up and then put masking tape around them. Within a week they were up, and have been ever since.
[notify]
Lucyy!?!!- =]]

So much cooler- than yerr mom :]

Barked: Wed Mar 28, '07 1:36pm PST 
I have tried to use masking tape (I found out how) and she wouldn't allow. All she did was paw at her ears and act like a maniac
[notify]
MacDuff - aka: Duffy

I love- squeakies!!!

Barked: Thu Mar 29, '07 9:21pm PST 
When I came to live with my mom, I was 7 months and my right ears hardly ever stood up...eventually it did and my ears are up almost all the time now. Sometimes when I first wake up both my ears will flop. Mom calls it "bed head" for corgis. BOL
Duff
[notify]
MacDuff - aka: Duffy

I love- squeakies!!!

Barked: Thu Mar 29, '07 9:21pm PST 
When I came to live with my mom, I was 7 months and my right ears hardly ever stood up...eventually it did and my ears are up almost all the time now. Sometimes when I first wake up both my ears will flop. Mom calls it "bed head" for corgis. BOL
Duff
[notify]
Lola CGC, TD

i'm kind of cute

Barked: Fri Mar 30, '07 5:46am PST 
I think all it takes is time! When mom first saw my picture I was like 6 weeks or so and I had one up, one down -- the only one in my litter!

By the time I came home at 8 weeks both ears were up! The only one with both up in my litter.. I guess I'm just MATURE! bol! Yeah, right!
[notify]
William- Wallace

Born to Frap

Barked: Fri Mar 30, '07 9:49am PST 
hey Lucy in the sky,

my pem william wallace is 7 months old now...his ears stand up, though when he runs they flop. he was 5 months old when we got him and they were standing up then...i don't know if there is an "age" when they are supposed to stand, but my thinking is that 10 wks is rather early yet. his brother jack was an adult when we got him, so no clue there either. it should happen though...how cute you are lucy!! ruff ruff!
[notify]
Ein

My Daddy is a- Soldier!

Barked: Sun Apr 1, '07 1:20pm PST 
Wish I could help you out here. Ein was 4 months old when we got him and his ears were already up. In some pups it just takes longer then others. 10 weeks does sound pretty young so I wouldn't worry about it yet!
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2