GO!

Harnesses for long haired dogs

This Forum is to bark about the very latest and greatest in the dog world: canine news; must-have new products, toys and accessories; dog-friendly art, culture, and entertainment, and more!

Please be aware that while you are allowed to inform others about your product or service if it is in context and is part of an existing discussion, we do not allow unsolicited advertising in the forums. We will remove all posts that seem to be selling rather than informing. If you're interested in advertising on Dogster, please contact us.

Parker

Canine Executive- Officer

Barked: Wed Jan 31, '07 8:19am PST 
I got a tickle in my throat last week, and despite my Vet saying that it's nothing, Mom wants me to start wearing a harness. Anyone have any suggestions for a good harness that will keep my beautiful fur nice?
[notify]
Brody

The best things- come in little- packages

Barked: Wed Jan 31, '07 8:36am PST 
Parker - I wear a step-in harness. I got mine at one of our local pet supply stores. I haven't seen them at Petsmart or Petco, but they might have them now. It only cost about $10.

I step into it, and it wraps around me and buckes on my back. It fits around my chest and is nowhere near my neck area. It is by far the best harness we've ever had. Its even thin enough to not rub my legs.

If I see one online, I'll post the link for you.
[notify]
Brody

The best things- come in little- packages

Barked: Wed Jan 31, '07 8:39am PST 
This is very similar to the one I have: http://www.rescuepetstore.com/pet-supplies-CC-QR2.html

I probably have the X-Small 3/8th inch.
[notify]

Peaches

Peaches-the dog- who loves too- much!!!

Barked: Wed Jan 31, '07 9:00am PST 
I wear a nylon step in harness from our local pet shop.
I've never had any problems with the harness. the company
{T- wolf} does not have a website but my harness looks exactly like the one Brody uses I would probaly use a X small too

Edited by author Wed Jan 31, '07 9:03am PST

[notify]
Harlee

LETS GO FOR A- RIDE

Barked: Wed Jan 31, '07 11:10am PST 
We use a puppia one cause it is very comfortable but the step in ones are good too and I dont think it will mat your hair either. Sometimes going into your local dog boutique and try on various ones.
[notify]
Kylee

Shop Till You- Drop!SouthBeachP- oochie.com

Barked: Wed Jan 31, '07 12:16pm PST 
The Step in ones I hear are good. Also www.southbeachpoochie.com has these really cute Vests which don't mess up the hair nor do they pull on the neck. Their quite adorable. I have the Yellow Daisy one. Their in the Leads and Collars Section under Harness.
[notify]
victoria

Barked: Wed Jan 31, '07 3:40pm PST 
Hi, I make custom step-in harnesses with matching leashes and bows in wonderful colors, prints & designs. I will also recommend satin harnesses which allows the hair to glide over without knotting.
www.cajuncaninecouture.com
[notify]