GO!

How much food do you go through?

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Amber

Princess coming- through

Barked: Thu Jul 6, '06 6:31pm PST 
I had nothing to do the other day so i thought about how much food i go through w/ 4 dogs a month and when you think about it its not alot. In a month i go throught 26lb of Innova Evo 4.5 lbs of Evangers canned food. About 2lbs of biscuits and about 2-3 lbs of misc. treats ( bully sticks, pig ears ect.) How much do you go through???????????????????????
[notify]
Penny

Rattweiler

Barked: Thu Jul 6, '06 7:15pm PST 
Um, not much at all! I eat a 13 lb bag of Innova EVO is about 6 months. It's because I'm an only dog and I only weigh about 9 lbs.
[notify]
Amber

Princess coming- through

Barked: Thu Jul 6, '06 7:47pm PST 
perfect excsues to get some more dogs
[notify]

Celebratia- Because I- Knew You

Bonaparte - Son of- Charlemagne

Barked: Fri Jul 7, '06 6:09am PST 
Oh man. Mom just did the math she fell out of the chair with an "OH MY DOG!" and now she's on the floor. I think she's having an "episode".

She says we go through 126lbs of dog food a month, give or take. Me and Rena eat 2 30lb bags of Nature's Variety Chicken a month. Tessa eats 2 15lb bags of NV Lamb, and Scooter and Nala (not on Dogster) eat 2 18lb bags of Premium Edge Skin & Coat (sometimes a bag lasts three weeks instead of two).

eek!
[notify]
Celebratia- Because I- Knew You

Bonaparte - Son of- Charlemagne

Barked: Fri Jul 7, '06 6:10am PST 
Oh man. Mom just did the math she fell out of the chair with an "OH MY DOG!" and now she's on the floor. I think she's having an "episode".

She says we go through 126lbs of dog food a month, give or take. Me and Rena eat 2 30lb bags of Nature's Variety Chicken a month. Tessa eats 2 15lb bags of NV Lamb, and Scooter and Nala (not on Dogster) eat 2 18lb bags of Premium Edge Skin & Coat (sometimes a bag lasts three weeks instead of two).

eek!
[notify]
Bella

COOKIES RULE

Barked: Fri Jul 7, '06 8:04am PST 
I'm little and an only dog like Penny.I only eat about 1/3 cup of Blue Buffaloe chicken and brown rice a day.I have one or two doggie biscuits daily as a treat.Mommy usually only gives me pieces b/c she doesn't want me to turn into a chub pup.BOL
[notify]
Abby

Baths are yucky- and dryers are- the worst

Barked: Fri Jul 7, '06 9:45am PST 
I'm little at 10 pounds so I eat about 6 pounds of kibble every 9 weeks or so. For treats I get baby carrotts and mostly cherrios. I'm a box a cherrios every three months and baog of baby carrotts once every other month. Mom uses those to bribe me into getting groomed smile
[notify]
Meridian

Proud to be a- kitchen wolf!!!

Barked: Fri Jul 7, '06 11:42am PST 
There are three of us and we eat roughly a pound to a pound and a half of raw meat and other animal products each per day.

I'm trying to think of how much kibble we used to go thru. I think a 40lb. bag would last about a month, though I could be wrong about that. Seems like we were buying the bigger bags of Nutro that were more than 20lbs. but not 40lbs., two at a time right before "the switch" and that lasted a little over a month.
[notify]
Brody

The best things- come in little- packages

Barked: Fri Jul 7, '06 11:52am PST 
I go through about a 3 lb. bag in 6-8 weeks. Treats take me a lot longer because a lot of my treats are human food. My mom usually ends up giving the remainder of my treat bags to friends with bigger dogs because they'll expire before I can finish them.
[notify]
Lady Jasmine

Born to Play!!

Barked: Fri Jul 7, '06 1:42pm PST 
We go through 40 lbs. of Canidae dog food per month. That's a lot of kibble! smile
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2