GO!

Cracked Front Fang

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Shanook

Eat more chickin

Barked: Thu Apr 27, '06 4:57pm PST 
Hello! Mom and Dad have been trying to find me a doggie dentist because I cracked my front fang.... I'm eating fine, and it doesn't bother me that much, but they're afraid the whole tooth might break off!! Then I would be called ONE FANG! Anyone know of a good doggie dentist in So Cal?
[notify]
Mingus, CGC,- R3GL

www.phetched.com

Barked: Thu Apr 27, '06 5:06pm PST 
I chipped off the bottom of a front tooth recently, too (not a fang/canine, but one of the ones behind the canines). Don't know how I did it. It really isn't bothering me so far. Mom's not sure what to do, but I have my vet checkup next week. What's going to happen?? Do I have to have my tooth pulled??
[notify]
Cloe Mae *RE-HOMED* I love you

Run, run, run

Barked: Fri Apr 28, '06 7:27am PST 
When I still had my puppy teeth, one of my fangs got the tip broken off...playing tug of war too hard (we stopped that). At my regular appt with our vet, she was pretty concerned about the chance of decay and told daddy to watch very carefully for any color change of the tooth, as then it would have to come out. I hope that everything will be okay with both of you. Maybe have your parents keep a close eye on coloration and sensitivity in the meantime. I know now, my mommy is paranoid and always looking at my teeth...BOL...what a pain in the patoot mommies can be!

Edited by author Fri Apr 28, '06 7:31am PST

[notify]

Daisy

'let's play!'

Barked: Fri Apr 28, '06 7:28pm PST 
I just broke off both my top fangs this past week!! I'm just a 4 month old pup so i'm pretty sure these are just my puppy teeth, but mommy is still concerned and a little unsure what to do. Both of them are cracked off and there is still some tooth left there.

Any advice?
[notify]
Bama AKA- "Buddybear'

'Just as cuddly- as i look!'

Barked: Sat Apr 29, '06 7:07pm PST 
Hey doggies. This happened to Bama when he was losing his baby teeth. One of his last baby teeth broke into. We tried to pull it but couldn't. So we took him to the vet and they pulled it. The only bad thing is they had to put him to sleep for this. But, it was fine after that.
[notify]