GO!

Is your husky blowing her coat ?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Luna

I found my- forever home- -yippee !!

Barked: Sun Oct 3, '10 8:24am PST 
I think Luna is beginning to blow her coat ! I thought it was a seasonal thing, but it still feels like summer here, so is it related to hours of day light or what? thinking
[notify]
Gracie

Tricks ? - You can't be- serious.....

Barked: Mon Oct 4, '10 9:39am PST 
Gracie is blowing hers again too - not as bad as in June/July, but lots of puffys coming out around ehr bum & back legs! Our temps in Chattanooga dropped into the 80's last week, but this morning it was 47 degrees due to a new cold front coming in!
[notify]
Misty *RIP- Mommy's- Angel*

Is that food for- me???

Barked: Tue Oct 5, '10 4:23am PST 
Misty is shedding a bit, but nothing like when she blows her coat. I think her new winter coat coming in is just pushing some dead hair out. She needs a good brushing and her fall bath to get the last of the dead stuff out. It's been pretty chilly here for a couple of weeks now and she is going to need all of her fur very shortly! Brrrrr.
[notify]

Sable Marie

-insert witty- phrase here-

Barked: Thu Oct 7, '10 12:01pm PST 
No. But I don't know what it looks like yet O____O; I can't pull globs of fur out, but when I brush Sable there is lots of fur that comes out. Then again shes a puppy and has this ridiculous, constant shedding so far. No worse than usual.

Guess I answered my own question. Sable isn't blowing coat.
[notify]
Nikita

i want to go- outside!

Barked: Fri Oct 22, '10 6:35pm PST 
Niki started last week, it's coming out like crazy! I've been working the furminator about every other day to try to stay on top of it.
[notify]
Vance CGC

You kids g'off- my lawn!

Barked: Mon Oct 25, '10 6:40pm PST 
All three just finished. My two did a "mini blow," likely related to a diet change for Vance, and just a seasonal blow for Ember. Fox did a full, hardcore coat blow. I don't know why, but I made my boyfriend put her back on raw because it was awful! I was brushing her and vacuuming daily and was still waking up gagging on hair. Neither of mine do anything like that since adjusting to raw. Plus she had an ear infection, thus making her the first Husky I have known to get an ear infection.

It is related to daylight. That's why - at least around here - dogs often shed fairly constantly all winter, yet hold their fur pretty well all summer. They're under artificial light for around 5 hours a day during the winter. They also tend to blow before they have to. It makes more sense to ditch your summer duds for a winter jacket when it's still 50 or 60 degrees, than to wait until it's below freezing. We burn far fewer calories cooling off than we do staying warm.
[notify]