GO!

Shih Tzu Coat Types????

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Daisy Mae

Paw it Down!

Barked: Sun Feb 26, '12 7:14pm PST 
I want to know are there different types of
Shih-Tzu coats (length wise) ? I just got a shih tzu puppy about 1-2 weeks ago, and i look at other shih tzu puppies on the internet that are WAY fluffier than mine....like basically its her tail and head,, her hair on her head is slicked back, and on other shih tzu puppies its like they have a ball of fluff on thier head!! and her tail just isnt as hairy as others either! BTW, she is ten weeks old tommorrow! (2/27)thinking
[notify]
Tessa

Tessa loves to- play with Teddy- & Mader

Barked: Sat Apr 7, '12 2:25pm PST 
Tessa's hair is much less fluffy than Teddy's. They are a month apart, but I think Teddy has much better hair.
[notify]
Mei Li (RIP)

Cuddle Monster

Barked: Sat Apr 14, '12 2:51am PST 
I've heard that there are some that are fluffy like cotton, othrs that are silkier...I'm not sure how length plays into it smile
Mei Li is a cottony fluff ball.
[notify]

Barked: Tue Jun 5, '12 11:06am PST 
I have two Shih Tzus, one with fluffy hair like a cotton and the other is slicked down. I don't know why the difference, maybe like people, ones are curly others straight hair.
My babies come from different parents but what I know for sure is that I love them both and they are my Shih Tzus. wink
[notify]
Wicket

Mom's little- Fluffer Muffin

Barked: Mon Sep 3, '12 7:50pm PST 
Wicket's hair is more cotton-y and not so silky and as a puppy, I thought his hair looked thinner (or less fluffy) compared to other Shih Tzu's that I saw pictures of but as he got older, his hair really filled out and now he's got the really thick hair that will just grow and grow but we keep him clipped so it never really gets long enough to be considered a "full coat".
[notify]