GO!

Shih Tzu with larger breed

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Angus

Where's Maggie?

Barked: Tue Sep 11, '07 9:52am PST 
I was wondering how many Shih Tzu's out there have brothers & sisters that are much larger breeds than themselves.
I weigh 50 lbs. & Mom's looking at a Shih Tzu/Westie mix. She thinks both breeds are mighty little dogs.
I'm hopin' for a sis that will be playful with me.
Wudda ya think?
Angus
[notify]
Sushi Moto- Stereo

so what?

Barked: Sat Sep 15, '07 6:23pm PST 
Our tzus live very happily with an english springer spaniel and a standard poodle. they all play together, and the big dogs just kind of know that they can't be too rough with the little pups.
[notify]
Neesa

aka chunky- monkey

Barked: Thu Sep 20, '07 8:41am PST 
My shih tzu lives with a 135lb great dane, a border collie, a mini schnauzer/terrier mix and 3 cats. Wanna guess who rules the household???? Wanna guess who beats up the great dane and torments her to no end? And did I mention she's only 10 months old? She also has a german shepperd friend, a cocker spaniel friend and a shih tzu/poodle mix friend. She actually gets along better with big dogs than she does small dogslaugh out loud. In her puppy class there was a yorkie that weighed 2 lbs and she was afraid of it!shrug
[notify]

Neesa

aka chunky- monkey

Barked: Thu Sep 20, '07 8:41am PST 
My shih tzu lives with a 135lb great dane, a border collie, a mini schnauzer/terrier mix and 3 cats. Wanna guess who rules the household???? Wanna guess who beats up the great dane and torments her to no end? And did I mention she's only 10 months old? She also has a german shepperd friend, a cocker spaniel friend and a shih tzu/poodle mix friend. She actually gets along better with big dogs than she does small dogslaugh out loud. In her puppy class there was a yorkie that weighed 2 lbs and she was afraid of it!shrug
[notify]
Wufei

I'm not a boy,- I'm a real dog!

Barked: Mon Sep 24, '07 10:40am PST 
LOL Neesa!

I'm exactly the same! When we were in Grandma's house, I lived with a Rottie, a Labrador and a Mini Pinscher!

I ruled them all! laugh out loud They don't eat until I do, they don't drink from the water bottle until I do, I bark at them when they're noisy... etc, etc.

Until, my baby sister came along. And though she was a wee bit of a puppy... she bullied me! cry

Mommy still doesn't understand why.
[notify]
Lilly

Barked: Sun Oct 14, '07 8:39am PST 
We have 2 labs and Lilly plays with them all the time. The older one(male, almost 11yrs) doesn't care for her but has never tried to hurt her and the other one (female, 7yrs old) loves her and acts like a puppy when they play!!
[notify]
Winnie

Don't touch my- blankey

Barked: Sun Nov 18, '07 5:26pm PST 
i go to daycare and i keep the bigger dogs in line that is what the daycare aunty candy says is good about little dogs they keep the bigger dogs in line so me and louie another shih tzu at daycare dobig laugh
we have fun we don't allow no ruff houseing in day carelaugh out loud
[notify]