GO!

My babies are leaving!

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Sophie

Kissy, lovey,- huggy!

Barked: Tue Jul 3, '07 8:41am PST 
Almost 10 weeks ago I gave birth to 4 beautiful babies! 2 boys and 2 girls. Its now time for them to move on to their forever families and get lots of love and attention.

I will miss them very much and was wondering if any of you have had puppies and how you handled their leaving. My mommy is worried that I will be very sad and upset frown

I would love to show you their pictures but I don't know how!
[notify]
Harlee

LETS GO FOR A- RIDE

Barked: Tue Jul 3, '07 12:57pm PST 
Well the fact that your only 11 months old at the moment you were way way too young to even have babies. Since you havent matured yet you probably might not miss them at all since your such a young pup yourself.
However if you do miss them you will eventually forget about them just let your dog be a pup and if she goes into heat keep her away from other dogs she way too young in the first place and it is very dangerous please have her spay.

Edited by author Tue Jul 3, '07 1:01pm PST

[notify]
(In MEMORY) Tigger

Barked: Sat Jul 7, '07 2:47pm PST 
If your birth date is correct, you were 11 months old when these puppies were born and placed out. Is this correct?

Not to "hijack" the thread, but I'd encourage a good vet check because you had puppies so young. Tigger had some (thankfully, mostly minor) health complications from having her litter too young.

As for missing the puppies, Tigger reacted the most when the first puppy (ironically, the most independent of the bunch) was placed out. The puppies filtered out from that point on for a period of two weeks, and during that time she would spend a good thirty minutes searching the house for them, they return to the puppies that were left. When the entire litter was gone, she was depressed, but it lasted for only a few days.
[notify]