GO!

Leash training a 4 mo old shiba

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Barked: Mon Jan 6, '14 4:33pm PST 
I just got a 4 mo old shiba inu male 4 days ago. He does great with his collar and harness and once I have him on the leash he does fine but I'm having a hard time getting him on the leash. Every time I grab the leash he runs away. I also have an issue getting him out the front door of my apartment he will go in after a walk but won't leave. Any suggestions.
[notify]
Tetsuya

I'm a snuggly- boy!

Barked: Mon Jan 20, '14 10:07pm PST 
Make the leash a positive association. Pet your shiba, etc when he comes to get leashed up. Stand still and wait for your shiba to come to you. If you run after him he will think it is a game. My two get excited when I get the leash out, but they do run over to me to get leashed up after a bi of running around.
[notify]