GO!

Debbie Downers

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Miles Giles

The First- Mid-Missouri Pet- Idol!

Barked: Thu Sep 17, '09 7:35am PST 
When I'm out walking Miles, people find it necessary to tell me that Saint Bernards don't live very long. Sometimes some one goes into a story about how their large dog only lived to be 6 years old... Do they want me to start mourning right now? I find it very rude that strangers would say such things in front of Miles. Does this ever happen to any other Saint parents? What is your response?silenced
[notify]
Duchess- 7/21/03-1/14- /12 Love U

Sleeping Beauty- needs her beauty- sleep!

Barked: Thu Sep 17, '09 8:10am PST 
Yes, it happens to me too and I find it extremely rude as well. I thought it was just me being overly sensitive. Depending on if I'm in the mood to engage in a conversation with them, I usually tell them that being that she was diagnosed with a brain tumor at 3 yrs old and she is now 6 yrs old, she has beaten the odds. She is happy and healthy (all things considered) and you wouldn't even know that there's anything wrong if I hadn't mentioned it. I am just grateful for each and every day that she is here with me so I choose not to focus on what the average life expectancy is.
[notify]
Bela

Barked: Sat Sep 19, '09 1:01pm PST 
That's pretty lame of people. I have had people tell me that too and my dog is only 9 months old!
[notify]

Dolly

I'm spoiled but- not rotten!

Barked: Mon Sep 21, '09 9:19pm PST 
I always respond by telling them medicine is so much more advanced now than it was years ago, and with a healthier holistic diet we plan on having her around at least until she is 12! way to go

Edited by author Mon Sep 21, '09 9:19pm PST

[notify]
Lady Bird

I love Klondike

Barked: Tue Sep 22, '09 1:45pm PST 
Yeah, That happnes to me too, My uncle tells me that too, He says you know St.Bernards do not live that long, I say that I some books that say the St.Bernard live to be al least 14 years old, I hate when poeple say that stuff it really hurts and your baby feels
[notify]
Sarge

Give me a hug or- else!

Barked: Fri Sep 25, '09 2:07pm PST 
They are just jealous their dog isn't a SAINT. dog
[notify]
Homer

wūf

Barked: Mon Jan 30, '12 3:19am PST 
I would give strangers a piece of my mind if they said that to me...
[notify]
Eleanor

Barked: Mon Jan 30, '12 12:18pm PST 
That's very very rude. I get similar attention when I walk my pitbull puppy. Everyone has some story they heard from a friend of a friend about an aggressive pit and then they lay some misinformed into on me and it's just ridiculous, so I feel you. People should mind their own business!
[notify]