GO!

Expecting a little brother..

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Fancy

Cover Hog!

Barked: Sun May 23, '10 5:14pm PST 
Mommy & Daddy told me today that I'm going to have a little brother in a few months. He's not a pug like me though... he's a Mini Schnauzer! I'm a little concerned about the upcoming adjustment. My mommy & daddy are going to be loving on another furkid, when I've been the only one all my life! They promise to love me just the same, but I hope I don't feel unloved when I see them loving on him. thinking

I'm very worried about sharing food & treats with him! I don't like to share food, and I've never had to share mommy & daddy's love. confused

Edited by author Sun May 23, '10 5:14pm PST

[notify]
Petri

Barked: Thu Jul 1, '10 6:59pm PST 
Get the food and treat thing worked out quickly. Introduce them both outside in a neutral zone in the neighborhood, then take them on a walk together. My pug had to adjust to living with 2 big dogs... she loved one of them immediately and hated the other. It took her a few months to love the other one, but overall she adjusted immediately. If I would have known about the neutral zone and walking together thing before I would have tried it and see how it went. Least you will have 2 small dogs... easier to handle if they get into tiffs! Congrats on the pup! snoopy
[notify]