GO!

Lady friend for Geroge?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

George

Barked: Mon Jan 26, '09 1:20pm PST 
Hello all!
I am brand new to this forum and am looking forward to all the advice I hope to receive!
George is my male pug, approx. 8 years old. Great little guy. Super laid back but loves a good playful romp now and then. Fantastic with my 2 y.o and 4 y.o kiddos. He was my 17th birthday present and was "fixed" without my consent. My mother decided it was the best thing to do at time. However, years later, now I am wanting a "lady friend" (hopefully a female pug rescue) for my pug pal, despite the fact that he will not be able to produce pups. He is great with other dogs, very social and interactive but is only around other MALE pugs. (For some reason, my family adores this breed! laugh out loud) My question is, does anyone have experience with this? Will George accept a female into his life? What about the fact that he is "fixed"? I don't want to confuse the poor guy out of his wits! Any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
[notify]
Pablo

I'm a mouth- piece!

Barked: Thu Jan 29, '09 8:07pm PST 
My Pablo is good around any dog of any sex... if yours is well socialized he should be fine.
[notify]