|Barked: Sat Nov 29, '08 2:32am PST |
I just joined Meet Up cause a friend with a Bulldog told me about how great it is and how great the advice was when her bulldog got sick.
We have a 9-10 year old black pug named Betty. She has always been healthy despite being a little overweight. About 10 or so days ago she started getting sick and has now been to two vets, been observed (meaning stayed with the vet) for over 6 of those days, is now staying with new vet over weekend. They have run a gamit of tests and can't figure out what is wrong with her. They are about to advance to the more serious tests.
I would appreciate any advice if anyone here has had a pug with similar symptoms.
1. She can't hold down food and has no interest in food or water for 10 days.
2. She is shivering constantly.
3. She is constantly re-adjusting her laying down position so she's not getting any sleep. Vet said this means she is in pain. She can't get comfortable.
4. She is throwing up large, un-digested food. Every other day, 2 to 3 times a day.
5. Really dark almost black soft stool and diarrhea.
6. She will appear to be doing better for a day where she drinks water and eats a tiny bit of food, but then next day is bad again.
I really appreciate any advice.
Brooke and Erik
|my posts | my page | msg me | gift me | become pals|| [notify]|