GO!

Pugs and other dogs

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Spinner

Little Baby with- a lot of- adittute

Barked: Thu Jun 5, '08 10:59am PST 
I am thinking of getting a cute little pug puppy. But I have a mini Dachshund. Will they get along?
[notify]
Gaius Maximus

Supercutie

Barked: Sat Jun 7, '08 2:04pm PST 
fur sure. i know a lot of people who have both
[notify]
Spinner

Little Baby with- a lot of- adittute

Barked: Sun Jun 8, '08 12:29am PST 
Thanks! big grin
[notify]

Pugsley

I Might Be Small- But I Have It- All!

Barked: Wed Jun 18, '08 4:31pm PST 
You aren't getting the pug just because it's cute, right? You know all the care they need right?
[notify]
Bo the Pug

Livin' the Pug- Dream

Barked: Fri Jun 20, '08 9:26pm PST 
The best thing you could do is set up a play date. Like with all dogs, you can't judge how well they will get along until they actually meet. If your pugger is well socialized, it shouldn't be a problem.
[notify]
Lady Sophie- of the Great- Hunt

The Baby!

Barked: Thu Jul 10, '08 9:12pm PST 
I think the big thing would be how well your older dog gets on with new dogs. We just brought a pug puppy into a house with five older larger breed dogs. The biggest problem we've had is that the older dogs don't want to play and Sophie always wants to play and doesn't want to take no for an answer. We just have to limit the time she is around the other dogs so they can get a break and don't get too mad at her. She has started to develop a unique relationship with our biggest dog, a Bloodhound/Mastiff cross, Bonnie. I use Bonnie as a baby sitter to keep Soph occupied when I am busy. Bonnie actually comes to me and lets me know when she has had enough and needs a break. All the big dogs seem to realize she is a baby and they don't want to hurt her but I am careful to not let her bug them to the point they decide to take matters into their own paws.blue dog
[notify]
Petunia

Little Girl

Barked: Sun Sep 7, '08 8:18pm PST 
My Pug is the baby and runs the show! She has a brother (Junior the Bulldog) and a sister Bella ( a 2.5 lb Chihuahua) Both of the other dogs are quite passive and agree to anything she says. She is the leader of the group! She is very smart and loves to do everything with me. My brother has a dacshund and a JUG and they are great together.
[notify]
Daisy

Barked: Tue Sep 9, '08 6:36pm PST 
I had 3 English Setters in the house when I brought my first pug puppy home...I brought a small crate out into the kitchen, put her in it and sat down next to it while they all sniffed at her through the crate and they all got to know eachother. When I brought my 2nd pug pup home I did the same thing...they all get along great..but the youngest and smallest still thinks she runs the show and has to be put in her place sometimes...
[notify]

Barked: Fri Jan 3, '14 4:00am PST 
I have a pug who gets along with everyone.
[notify]