GO!

Rough Coat

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Winnie

Security Chief

Barked: Thu Jul 26, '07 2:18pm PST 
Are there any supplements or anything to make my fur softer? Or is it just diet? I just started getting salmon fish oil to help shedding.
[notify]
Rolli Pollie- Ollie...Olli- e

The swellest pug- around

Barked: Thu Jul 26, '07 5:07pm PST 
Nutro puppy food (dep. on age but looks like a pup) is awesome. That is all my pup eats and she has the softest coat.
[notify]
Fig Newton

I am a Princess!

Barked: Fri Jul 27, '07 3:44pm PST 
Hi Winnie! I think food has a lot to do with the softness of my coat. I think adding the salmon oil is a good thing. The other thing that makes a huge difference, for me anyway, is daily brushing. I, too, am shedding like crazy. I have tried salmon oil, but HATE it! Have you recently switched foods? Maybe some sort of conditioner would help, perhaps those conditioning sprays or wipes. I don't know much about them, but maybe if you post in the grooming forum someone can give you some advice? shrug

PS I bet your coat isn't so rough I wouldn't want to give you hugs! You are cute!
[notify]

Titus

I'm Just Little- On The OUTSIDE!

Barked: Sat Aug 4, '07 10:42pm PST 
Diet does have a lot to do with coat, but from my experience and stuff I've read, there are different coats types as well.? One of my previous Pugs had a more terrier-type coat that was a bit more course- he didn't seem to have much of the common "double coat" of fawns. He didn't look weird at all, just not as soft.
Titus eats Nutro Natural & has had alot of comments on his softness, we have been using the Furminator for a few weeks now & there is a slight difference in the feel of his coat - I think it's just from taking out all that under coat, you can feel more gaurd hair. Sure is much nicer to not sweep everyday though smile
[notify]