GO!

pug acne

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 16)  
1  2  
Ellanor

A rolly polly- lover

Barked: Thu Oct 9, '08 3:35pm PST 
Hi everyone. We are new to the forum, but one of us has what mommy thinks is acne on my eyelid. it popped open one day and puss came out. I know that's gross!!! mommy cleaned it up but it hasn't gone away. has anyone else had a pimple here?
[notify]
Rose

Pug Fu Master!!

Barked: Fri Oct 10, '08 9:17am PST 
Hi Ellanor! Rose had a bump on her upper eyelid that looked like acne but it turned out it was a cyst from a blocked tear duct . We just had it removed. Her bump woulnd't bust and when the vet tried to drain fluid from it nothing came out so maybe yours is something different. Either way I would have it checked out!

Rose's furbrother Leo did have some issues with acne as a puppy but most of his breakouts were on his chin and cheek area so we just used tea tree oil or clearasil wipes and that always took care of them. Also just wanted to mention that using plastic bowls can cause flare ups with acne so if you use plastic you may want to consider ceramic or metal.

Edited by author Fri Oct 10, '08 9:18am PST

[notify]
Buster Brown

Barked: Tue Nov 18, '08 6:23am PST 
Hey Ellanore. Buster and Buddy gets these little bumps that look like acne around their faces also. Our doggie doctor says that they are from dust. Buster and Buddy's human mom and dad live in the middle of a peanut field and several pecan trees are in their yard. The doggie doctor also says that they have allergies and he gives them a shot either once a month or once every couple of months depending on how bad it gets. Hope you figure out what your bumps are from.
[notify]

Mayco

A little dumb,- but a lotta- cute!

Barked: Sat Nov 22, '08 8:39am PST 
I have acne too on my little lips! My mommy took me to the vet and the vet said that they were atually little spots from my allergies. When I take my allergy medicine I don't have any bumps at all. I have taken Benadryl and Tavist-D, but always check with your vet first! Hope you feel better soon!blue dog
[notify]
Stella

Barked: Sat Dec 13, '08 11:46pm PST 
Our Stella has breakouts when she eats something she's allergic to. We noticed that the breakouts went away when we switched her to a grain-free food (Wellness CORE). Hope that helps.
[notify]
Dakota

Barked: Sun Dec 21, '08 6:49am PST 
I use listerine on my pugs. Put a little on a cotton ball and dabbe the pimple with it.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 16)  
1  2