GO!

Cute Little Pom Quirks

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Ninja- (Sisters- Dog)

It\'s all right- to be little- bitty

Barked: Sat Jul 30, '11 3:04am PST 
I just thought this would be a fun thread because Pomeranians seem to have a lot of cute little quirks. They definitely have a lot of personality! laugh out loud

Ninja, if he's being ignored, will kick his leg back like he thinks he's a bull. Not both legs, just one. It's always the same leg, too. His rear left leg. It's so adorable. He, also, likes putting his little feet in the water dishes (I guess to cool himself down) and so will walk around the house with wet little paws.

What about your Poms? Do they have cute quirks? cloud 9
[notify]
Zoe

Gorilla Zoe

Barked: Sat Jul 30, '11 1:26pm PST 
Zoe splashes her paws in her water fountain too laugh out loud it's too cute!! She also likes to sleep on her belly with her little back legs sticking straight out! & when she wants to play, she'll squeak at you.. not bark.. SQUEAK! She loves the spotlight smile
[notify]
Ninja- (Sisters- Dog)

Barked: Sun Jul 31, '11 1:56pm PST 
I don't think I've ever heard Ninja squeak. That sounds too cute! laugh out loud

He has slept with his little back legs spread out, though. cloud 9
[notify]

Zoe

Gorilla Zoe

Barked: Mon Aug 1, '11 12:33pm PST 
I have a video of her doing it but I'm not sure how to upload it! It's hilarious!
[notify]
The Boys

The Three- Stooges.

Barked: Mon Aug 1, '11 9:15pm PST 
My three poms will sleep with there legs straight out behind them too.
We will be in bed and Loki will be laying down and he will make this oof noise and jerk his body cause he wants attention.
When I fill the baby pool Todd digs at the water.
[notify]
Sabian

Sabian. Like the- cymbal?

Barked: Tue Aug 2, '11 8:29pm PST 
My sisters dog Cliche likes to paw at the air when she's excited, its adorable! I pick my dog Sabian up to take him outside and he'll walk in the air like it gets him there faster, lol!!
[notify]
Lilly

Barked: Wed Aug 3, '11 1:07pm PST 
Lilly loves spinning in circles! She does it when she is happy or excited or if I ask her a question and her answer is "yes" she will spin. (ie. do you want to go outside for potty? do you want a cookie? do you want to go to grandma's house?) If she doesn't understand the question or the answer isn't a yes she does this silly head tilt thing. lol Lilly will also lays down with her legs out behind her, but she sleeps on her back with her legs up in the air. She also smells every flower outside in the garden and chases after bugs, butterflies, dragon flies etc. She is such a sweet silly girl! She also know about 6 of her toys by name.
[notify]
Riley

I just love- everyone! Arent- I cute?:D

Barked: Wed Aug 3, '11 10:31pm PST 
When Riley first got his haircut he would spin in circles flaunting hes new 'do. It's sooo cute. And he knows it!!blue dog
[notify]
Ninja- (Sisters- Dog)

Barked: Sat Aug 6, '11 12:13pm PST 
These all sound really adorable. It seems quirkiness is common in Poms. big laugh

Ninja does the little head tilt thing, too. He's always curious about something. laugh out loud
[notify]
Zoe

Gorilla Zoe

Barked: Mon Aug 8, '11 11:10am PST 
Zoe also constantly sticks her tongue out.. not panting.. just the very tip of her tongue is out. hehe poms definitely have quirky personalities smile
[notify]