GO!

Female or Male?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Zeus

Barked: Tue Jun 7, '11 2:14pm PST 
I'm possibly going to be getting a Pomeranian, if I find the right breeder.

I have been doing a lot of reading lately and what one website said about Pomeranians has stuck in my head. Basically they said that male Pomeranians are a better pet to have, they are easier to train (toilet training and general training) and are more affectionate, where as the girls aren't so easy to train, are very stubborn and they are not that affectionate.

So, what's your preference, do you prefer a sex over the other? If so, which one? and would you say that there's any truth in saying that male Poms are easier to train and the females aren't? I personally would have thought they were not all the same and someone couldn't generalize them like that thinking

Edited by author Thu Jun 16, '11 5:47pm PST

[notify]
The Boys

The Three- Stooges.

Barked: Tue Jun 7, '11 6:59pm PST 
I have 3 males and they were pretty easy to potty train. 2 are extremely affectionate and like to be where ever I am. the other one is much more independent.
[notify]
Zoe

Gorilla Zoe

Barked: Wed Jun 8, '11 8:16am PST 
I think it all depends on the dog & the breeder. Zoe is doing amazing with potty training & is so affectionate. I've heard that males are "better" but I just love my little girl smile
[notify]

MACH, C-ATCH- Bailey RN,- CGCA

Is today agility- day??

Barked: Fri Jun 10, '11 6:07pm PST 
I'm definitely more bonded with my male. It could be because I've had him longer, it could be because my female is a rescue and has had a lot more to overcome before she learned to trust, it could be because of the gender. There's too many variables to say for sure. If you're not forced to pick, you may let your breeder choose your dog based on the one that will fit your personality/lifestyle best.
[notify]
Zoe

Gorilla Zoe

Barked: Fri Jun 10, '11 8:30pm PST 
I would just let the dog pick you! wink
[notify]
Wicket

Did you say go?- I'm in!

Barked: Sat Jun 11, '11 8:45am PST 
I was set on a female, but a male stole my heart. He was easy to potty train & he is such a love bug. I think that the males are like this if they are nuetered. Their minds are off of girl chasing & on you!
[notify]
Zeus

Barked: Sun Jun 12, '11 6:58pm PST 
Thank you everyone for your replies smile

Well, I've since chosen my puppy, a little boy. I have to wait about another 4-5 weeks though as he's still very young, so at least I have time to get everything sorted and prepare myself for lots of mischief laugh out loud. I also need to think of a name, normally I wait until they are here with me and think of a name but this time I'm going to think of something before pup comes home.

Edited by author Sun Jun 12, '11 6:59pm PST

[notify]
Zoe

Gorilla Zoe

Barked: Sun Jun 12, '11 10:01pm PST 
YAY! Congrats on your new addition!! cheercheercheer I had to wait a while for my Zoe & it was awful!! I wanted her the day I picked her out hehe laugh out loud Can't wait to see pics!
[notify]
Wicket

Did you say go?- I'm in!

Barked: Mon Jun 13, '11 11:38am PST 
How lucky you are! I would love to have another pom, but my DH says one is enough! He loves Wicker, but we're on the go too much to take on another.
[notify]
MACH, C-ATCH- Bailey RN,- CGCA

Is today agility- day??

Barked: Wed Jun 15, '11 9:09am PST 
Congratulations! Waiting is definitely the hardest part.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2