GO!

Where did you get your pom from?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Bellatrix- "Bella"- Buttons

I don\'t JUST- walk, I prance

Barked: Thu Nov 11, '10 4:32pm PST 
Looking for a new pom. Taking my time.. doing research - I've been searching high and low - AKC sites - out of state AKC breeders - rescue groups - Craigslist even.. etc.

Where did you get your Pom from? And for those that have more that one Pom, how long did it take for your Poms to get along/become buddies?

What are some steps to take when adding another dog to the house? All advice appreciated.
[notify]
Lilli Rose- Kammer

Loving until you- leave the house

Barked: Mon Feb 21, '11 4:35pm PST 
i got both jack and lilli from kijiji, they are pure breds just no papers, they werent as much money either jack was 450 and lilli was either 500 or 600 but it was like 2 years ago i cant remember
[notify]
The Boys

The Three- Stooges.

Barked: Mon Feb 21, '11 10:03pm PST 
I got Angus from a newspaper add. He was 300 no papers. I got Loki form Keister puppy dog world. Who I now with more education realize is probably a byb. He was 300 and I didn't bother to get papers. Todd I rescued from a breeder hoarder.
It took Angus about a month to start cozying up to Loki. When we added Chewy it took a little less time and now with Todd i think he is saying enough is enough. He will play outside with him but he doesn't want him around him in the house.
I made sure I paid the most attention to Angus so he wouldn't get jealous. Loki and Chewy are pretty easy going so they took to Todd pretty easily.
I would check petfinder and see if there are any pom rescues in your area.
Depending where you are there are a lot of poms out there in rescues and shelters. Good luck!
[notify]

Nicky

bitches love- pantaloons

Barked: Wed Feb 23, '11 1:35pm PST 
Nicky is a rescue I adopted from an all breed foster home based rescue that pulls dogs from high kill shelters. His adoption fee was $200. I actually applied for another Pom at that rescue but he was adopted at an adoption event before they saw my application for him. They let me know they had another one on the way and to keep checking the website. Nicky is 14#. I really like the bigger Poms, although I would like to have a more true to standard one eventually as well.

Before Nicky I actually went to go see a 5# standard Pom that I found on Craigslist. Him and his sister was being rehomed by a lady that shows dogs. He was very sweet, but we just didn't click and he didn't feel like *THE ONE* so I passed on him. She was asking a $200 rehoming fee but I would have to get him neutered on top of that and his shots were due a few months later.

I was actually just looking at Poms on petfinder last night and there are quite a few in my area right now. I would definitely get my next Pom through petfinder again.
[notify]
Squeeky

I am just- toooooo cute !!!

Barked: Sat Mar 5, '11 10:39am PST 
We got Squeeky from Animal Friends and local dog shelter in our area.
[notify]
Foxy

ultimate lap dog

Barked: Tue Mar 8, '11 3:41pm PST 
Craigslist. $0
[notify]