Postings by Maggie

GO!

(Page 1 of 22: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Food & Nutrition > Alternatives To Acana.
Maggie

Barked: Tue Apr 9, '13 10:02am PST 
Horizon Legacy is a very good food. It is also somewhat similar to Acana. My dogs do well on Horizon foods (we usually use Legacy and Amicus). Fromm is also a very good food. We use Fromm in our rotation also. The Fromm grain free formulas are pretty close to the price of Acana, but their grain inclusive 4-Star formulas are more affordable. My dogs LOVE the Fromm 4-Star Duck and Sweet Potato formula.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Zoey, Apr 11 6:31 pm

Food & Nutrition > A food question or maybe two
Maggie

Barked: Thu Feb 14, '13 11:18am PST 
The Zuke's Mini Naturals make great training treats!

I would think either the regular puppy food or a small breed puppy food should be fine. My yorkie and my maltese were both fed an all life stages food from the time we got them. At that time we were feeding Nature's Variety Prairie Chicken Meal and Brown Rice formula. They are only 9 lbs and 7 lbs fully grown though.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Feb 18 6:55 am

Food & Nutrition > Fromm users--which formula would be best for my small breed/young dog...?

Maggie

Barked: Fri Jan 11, '13 9:23am PST 
We haven't tried the grain free line, but my dogs loved the Duck & Sweet Potato and the Pork & Applesauce. My dogs also like almost any chicken based foods. Their least favorite is fish based foods. We have been feeding Horizon Legacy for awhile now and really like it.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Frankie, Jan 11 9:41 am

Food & Nutrition > What do you rotate?

Maggie

Barked: Tue Oct 23, '12 9:49am PST 
We have been eating Horizon foods. We like the Horizon Legacy, and we have had their Pulsar too, although we prefer Legacy because it has more meat and protein. It is the #1 choice of the people that run the store where I buy our dog food.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Lady (1999-2013), Oct 25 10:17 am

Food & Nutrition > Acana/Orijen - Champion Petfoods shortage. Help?

Maggie

Barked: Tue Oct 16, '12 10:32am PST 
We feed Horizon Legacy. It is also made in Canada. Horizon is a small company that has its own manufacturing facility. They source all their ingredients locally. The formula is fairly similar to Acana. The price is close to the same too. Might be worth a try. You might also be able to do a rotation between Horizon Legacy and Acana. You can check to see if there is a retailer in your area. If not, you could buy it online, but you'd have to pay shipping so you would have to see if it is worth it after paying shipping.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Bam-Bam, CGC, Oct 17 9:27 am

Dog Health > My dog farts alot, anyway to help him?
Maggie

Barked: Tue Oct 16, '12 10:26am PST 
You might check what you're feeding and try a different food. We have a couple dogs that get horrific gas on any food made by Diamond. Don't know what it is, but there's something about it. That includes all foods we've tried that Diamond makes, even the foods for other companies. The only way we could get through the bag was to feed them some plain yogurt with active cultures daily to help with their digestive systems. If the food agrees with the dog, then I don't feel any probiotics or supplements should be necessary. You might try some different foods to see if that helps. It did in our case.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Tiara, Oct 16 3:22 pm

Dog Health > Luxating Patella - what to do?

Maggie

Barked: Fri Oct 12, '12 9:45am PST 
Maggie has grade 3 LP in both back legs. It has only really given her trouble one time (when she was fighting her big sister and lost). Our vet said the only way to fix it is surgery. He gave her a shot, gave us some meds for her, and told us to rest it for a couple weeks. He also said we could try waiting to see if the problem becomes chronic or if she appears to be in pain. If so, then we should have surgery. We have decided to wait and see how she does. So far, she's only really had trouble that one time. I can feel the knee caps move back and forth if I pick her leg up and move the leg around, but it really doesn't seem to bother her. At this point in time we are waiting it out. If she is in pain and the problem gets worse, then we will look into surgery. But not until then. Our vet did say that they usually don't require surgery until they are grade 3-4 though. You need to do what is right for you and for your dog though. If it is a big problem or causes considerable pain, you should check into surgery. Good luck! hug
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Fritz, Oct 14 9:11 am

Food & Nutrition > Grain Free food??

Maggie

Barked: Thu Sep 13, '12 9:59am PST 
The store I buy from likes Horizon foods and Fromm foods. He says they use top ingredients and have great quality control.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Thor CGC, Sep 15 10:20 am

Food & Nutrition > Best Dog Food

Maggie

Barked: Thu Sep 13, '12 9:57am PST 
The guy at the pet food store we use like Horizon foods and Fromm foods. We are currently feeding Horizon Pulsar. It is grain free and is reasonably priced. He doesn't like anything made by Diamond and tries to steer you away from it. Another food they sell that is grain free and priced the same as TOTW is Hi-Tek Naturals Grain Free. I used it once but switched to Fromm and Horizon.
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Dreamy, Sep 28 4:01 am

Food & Nutrition > What doggy food do you recommend?
Maggie

Barked: Thu Aug 2, '12 10:27am PST 
Acana is a great food. There are a lot of great foods, but if you are not concerned with price then I would say to check out the companies and go with a food that works and is made by a very good company. Champion (Orijen and Acana) is a good company. A lot of people like Fromm as a company too; they are a family owned company and they have never had a recall. Some people like Horizon too (they are another Canadian company that makes premium foods). Canine Caviar seems to be getting pretty popular too. You just have to pick one and start with it to see how it works out. If it works out well, then you have a winner. If not, then try another food/company. Some people like to rotate foods too. They may choose different formulas from the same company or pick formulas from different companies for variety. We are currently feeding Fromm kibble and supplementing some Nature's Variety frozen raw medallions. The dogs LOVE the frozen raw medallions but with 4 dogs (one of them a 90 lb lab) I can't afford to feed a completely raw diet. I like that the raw has nutrients that the kibble doesn't have or has been cooked out of the kibble too. It's a personal choice though. Congrats on the new puppy... SHE'S VERY CUTE!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 28 posts. Last posting by Ginger, Aug 28 10:19 am

(Page 1 of 22: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.