Postings by Kacie

GO!

Great Dane > When to spay?

Kacie

Kacie - Is it nap time- yet?

Barked: Sun May 17, '09 5:44pm PST 
Hi all,

I have a 5 month old Great Dane female. I've been getting a lot of different advice about spaying (we are having the stomach tacking done at the same time). The vet is telling me to spay her at 7 months. The breeder is telling me to wait until after a year do to the fast growth of the breed and the tendency to tear the sutures. I trust the breeder because not only has she been successfully breeding Danes for decades, but she is also a nurse.

But what has everyone else done/plan on doing for spaying your female Danes? I know with males it's a good idea to wait at least 18 months to let them grow the way that they need to grow.

Thanks for the advice in advance!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Scarlet, CGC, Aug 4 4:56 pm

Great Dane > Hicups.....
Kacie

Barked: Tue Apr 28, '09 5:20am PST 
I get hiccups 1-2 times every single day. My breeder says that it's because of the deep-chest growth, and not to worry about it. My mom was scared of bloat too...but no worries!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Oreo Big Stuff, Aug 2 5:13 am

Great Dane > What do you weigh?

Kacie

Barked: Mon Apr 27, '09 9:26am PST 
I'm 16 weeks old and I weigh 51 lbs.

Any other Dane pups around that I can compare my weight with?
[notify]
» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by Wyatt, Sep 19 11:31 pm

Great Dane > How much does your Dane eat? How much does it cost to feed? Just curious!

Kacie

Barked: Mon Apr 27, '09 9:24am PST 
My 4 month old GD is on the raw diet - she eats roughly 3 chicken backs per day/40 lbs every two weeks. We spend about 44 dollars a month on food for her.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Duke, Jun 3 2:49 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.