Postings by Rowan

GO!

(Page 1 of 16: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  

Choosing the Right Dog > calm small breeds suggestions?
Rowan

Rowan T.- Brittany

Barked: Fri Apr 4, '14 8:43pm PST 
Just want to point out that Bostons and Frenchies (in addition to not being calm) definitely shed!
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by , Apr 16 12:28 am

Behavior & Training > Big news from the scoop!
Rowan

Rowan T.- Brittany

Barked: Wed Feb 12, '14 6:44pm PST 
I would definitely like to see the new site continue. The fact that the rug got pulled out from under us at all tells me all I need to know about how much Dogster cares for us. I love what Dogster was, quite a while back... but at this point I really have no desire to stay, especially with how they've treated the forums.
[notify]
» There has since been 30 posts. Last posting by Pogo, Feb 18 7:38 pm

Behavior & Training > Is there another dog forum we can ALL move to?

Rowan

Rowan T.- Brittany

Barked: Fri Jan 17, '14 5:15pm PST 
Strange, Ophelia, I'm a pretty active Chazhound poster and I don't know what you're talking about. I'm a tree-hugging liberal too and there's not much there that says otherwise?

I would absolutely join a "new" Dogster forum though.
[notify]
» There has since been 498 posts. Last posting by Shiver Me Timbers "Charlie", Feb 19 10:27 pm

What I Love About Dogster > Sad News Today **Dogster and Catster Communities Closing**

Rowan

Rowan T.- Brittany

Barked: Thu Jan 16, '14 9:38pm PST 
I've been on Dogster for years and although I don't post often, I read the forums every day and contribute when I can. The magazine is a joke, and I certainly will not be sticking around for that once the community is gone. I am on a few other dog forums that I participate in more regularly, but I will truly miss all of the people (and dogs!) here. I really hope that I see some of you around on similar forums!
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Pasha, Jan 19 11:33 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Reputable Aussie Breeders?

Rowan

Rowan T.- Brittany

Barked: Wed Oct 9, '13 1:58pm PST 
Oracle Aussies. They're in Ontario. I know two people who have dogs from them and are in LOVE. They breed for show but their dogs are extremely versatile. Based on what I've heard about the dogs they produce, if I ever get an Aussie, I'm going with them. They meet your requirements including distance, I think!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Delta, Oct 10 5:25 am

Dog Health > Sudden weight gain that isn't visible - cause for concern?
Rowan

Rowan T.- Brittany

Barked: Wed Sep 11, '13 6:04pm PST 
As I calm down and think about it rationally, Trigger, that's what I'm realizing, too! Something that big would have to show itself somehow, whether physically or in his behavior or... something. I am a worry wart to the point of being paranoid which overrode my logic in this case.

I don't think it's muscle because his activity has actually been pretty drastically decreased in the past month or so. Although I suppose that, before, he was going to daycare with me 5 days a week, but never did anything. He mostly just napped all day. He played once in a blue moon. Now that I have a different job, even though he's getting less frequent exercise, he's actually moving and playing when we go on walks, to the dog park, etc. So maybe it could be some muscle, although I doubt it would be that much. Hmm.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Nare, Sep 11 6:04 pm

Dog Health > Sudden weight gain that isn't visible - cause for concern?

Rowan

Rowan T.- Brittany

Barked: Wed Sep 11, '13 5:36pm PST 
I took the boys to the vet today for updated vaccinations + to get a couple of Rowan's new little growths checked out. We went to a new clinic that I've heard good things about. Rowan has weighed between 38-42 lbs the whole 5 years I've had him. 38 is too skinny and 42 is fat on him. I last weighed him a couple months ago and he was 40.2 which is pretty ideal. They weighed him today and he's 47 lbs! He has not visibly gained any weight at all. In fact, he looks good. My concern is now some kind of internal tumor/growth... honestly I'm kind of freaked out. I tried to talk to the vet about it and it's like he wasn't listening at all. Kept going on about how to tell if a dog is a good weight, last couple ribs, tuck etc etc. I kept trying to express my concerns about something inside and he'd just say "no, he's in good shape now, just watch his food intake." Uhhhh.

I weighed him as soon as we got home in case their scale was off and I got 45-46 lbs. I'm going to take him to our regular vet as soon as I can to talk to them about it and maybe get some X-rays done. In the meantime, what do you guys think? Am I overreacting? What could this be?
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Nare, Sep 11 6:04 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > About the Brittany Spaniel

Rowan

Rowan T.- Brittany

Barked: Sat Aug 10, '13 12:32pm PST 
I've been meaning to post more in depth but haven't had time since I started a new job. I just wanted to throw out there that my Brit is scary smart. He learns simple commands in 4-5 repetitions and complex ones in a couple more. He also taught himself how to open round door knobs, although luckily hasn't used that "trick" in over a year. He LOVES to learn, too.

As far as sensitivity Rowan is abnormal in that he's really not sensitive at all. I've gotten to know his foster mom's permanent dogs, two really lovely Brittanys, ex-showdogs and hunters who are seniors now (12 & 14) and living the comfy retired life. I wouldn't call them super sensitive either. Sensitive yes... but to me *really* sensitive is a dog you can't raise your voice at or even around (not advocating yelling at your dog btw, don't get me wrong!) lest they cower and panic. I've worked with a fair few fearful dogs though so my definition of "sensitive" probably crosses over into other's idea of "scared".

I can't contribute re: energy because I ended up with the world's only lazy Brittany. laugh out loud He's perfect for me. Has the get up and go to do anything I ask of him, but down time? He's sleeping on the bed.

Rowan came from NBRAN and I would highly recommend them if you decide on a Brit and don't go the breeder route. I applied for a different dog, who had already been adopted but not marked as such, so they guided me to Rowan based on my app. Like I said, we're a perfect match. I would trust them to get me the best dog for me again any day, if I decide to adopt another Brittany. (It would have to be after Rowan's gone. He's *so* perfect that I know I'd just be comparing the poor dog to him all the time! big laugh)
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Crash Davis, Aug 22 1:25 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Naming Puppy

Rowan

Rowan T.- Brittany

Barked: Thu May 16, '13 12:06pm PST 
I LOVE For Peep's Sake!
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , May 27 11:53 am

Choosing the Right Dog > NEED HELP IDENTIFYING!
Rowan

Rowan T.- Brittany

Barked: Thu Feb 14, '13 9:19pm PST 
I agree, looks like a liver Brittany pup. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Tyler , Feb 15 6:27 am

(Page 1 of 16: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.