GO!

Cocker Spaniel > Falcon's nose is crusty

Falcon

Where's mom?...- howl!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barked: Sat Dec 27, '08 6:50am PST 
A year ago it started to get a little moist and a little fungus-y. I wiped it clean with a soft cloth and each week or two it would come back, it started to get harder and darker in color. Now after a year it is hard and crusty on the top of the nose. He doesnt show pain or irritation, only when I try to examine it and he auticmatically sticks his nose in the ground and sneezes. We need to take him to a vet (after finding one, we just moved here a few months ago). Does anyone experience this too? Also....

We heard from our old vet about explaining this suitation to her about Falcon. Every six months or so Falcon goes into a sort of epileptic seizure. His eyes would glaze over and then he would shake hard but the shakes wouldn't be violent, but extremely stiff and vibrate hard. We heard from the vet it's common in some cocker spaniel, is it common in your dog? Or was the vet not that great at diagnosing the problem? I hate seeing him in pain and he is looking into my eyes during the shaking and I know it hurts him bad. Afterwards for the whole day he is not himself. He is tired and not full of any energy, and he is known to drop the ball in front of us around twenty to thirty times a day to throw it. I am getting scared, after almost three years of living with us, he isnt getting any better. Any advice would help. Thanks all 80)
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Dec 27 6:50 am

Cocker Spaniel > Worlds Best Cocker Toys
Falcon

Barked: Sat Dec 27, '08 6:42am PST 
Falcon loves tennis balls, but not the el cheapo ones at pet smart, buy the tennis balls from a sports store or from the actual sports section at a target or walmart, the tougher tennis balls. He also loves the kongs. He destroys the cotton squweak (sp) toys.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Mar 6 10:33 am

Cocker Spaniel > hi! i need a boy friend!

Falcon

Barked: Sat Dec 27, '08 6:39am PST 
my dog is in California, if you live in northern california and have papers, our family would love for falcon to have a mate. He is so bored when we all leave the house (which is alot, due to all of us either working or college courses) and he is lonely with only minimal walks due to me having acute gout attacks in my ankles. He is a great pure breed chocalate cocker spaniel. If anyone in California is interested... send us a message 80)
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Dec 27 6:39 am

Grooming > Momma is furious!!

Falcon

Barked: Sat Dec 27, '08 6:34am PST 
We just moved back to our old hometown and we needed to find a good groomer and we chose to go to petsmart, since we already had Falcon's papers there. Well, there is girl who is around my age (22) which loves Falcon and takes care of him so well. We love her so much we recommend her now each time we go in. That is the thing with groomers, it's just like trying to find a good vet or your own personal doctor... it has to be a good match. If the groomer doesn't like your dog or doesn't seem to want to put in the time to make the dog look good, then they will screw up look of your dog. A great groomer has a great relationship with your dog.
Jacob
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by , Apr 23 8:20 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.