GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Grooming > Furminator appropriate for pomeranian?
Phoxx

Love to be loved

Barked: Thu Apr 9, '09 4:28pm PST 
I might give that a try too. I adopted a Pom 4 months ago and it took a month of brushing before I could use a comb. He looks great now but it seems like his undercoat grows back every 2 days. laugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Royal Bentley Deeogee, Apr 13 8:23 pm

Raw Food Diet > raw poll on Home Page
Phoxx

Love to be loved

Barked: Wed Apr 8, '09 9:54am PST 
I'm betting that more multi-dog houses feed kibble than raw. It is a lot easier to store kibble, dump kibble in a bowl, and clean up afterward. There should probably be another poll to measure that.

I don't regret the extra work to feed raw because of the physical and emotional benefits I see with my pack.
snoopy

(It is especially heartwarming to see my older rescue enjoy raw in his senior years.)
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by Meridian, Apr 8 11:05 pm

Raw Food Diet > I thought raw was supposed to help....

Phoxx

Love to be loved

Barked: Sat Mar 21, '09 8:11pm PST 
Phoxx came to me stinky but after a couple of months on raw, his breath doesn't stink and neither does any other part of him -- er except his rear.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Mar 21 8:11 pm

Raw Food Diet > Want to start the Raw Diet

Phoxx

Love to be loved

Barked: Fri Mar 20, '09 9:15am PST 
Welcome. I agree that you should consider starting slowly as that is what worked for my pack in 2006. However, when Phoxx (an 8 year old) joined the pack, he had no choice but to take the plunge because I didn't know what he had been eating in the shelter and rescue homes.

Phoxx had the spurts for a few days but still did the happy dance like everyone else and quickly adapted. happy dance

The main thing is for you not to worry and not get discouraged with a few days of diarrhea and vomiting. Stick with a single protein and adapt.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Walter RL1 AoE CGC, Mar 20 5:48 pm

Raw Food Diet > Health perks for an old dog?

Phoxx

Love to be loved

Barked: Sun Mar 15, '09 5:17pm PST 
I don't think anyone can tell you if it is worth the risk. The information you will get here will be anecdotal at best.

My Phoxx was estimated at 7 to 9 years old when I rescued him in November. He was clearly a kibble fed dog. I started him on raw immediate since that is the only food I had been feeding the rest of the pack. He is doing fine and has become "spoiled". He acts strangely if his plate isn't topped with some kind of RMB.

He does the happy dance at meal time like the rest now. snoopy I won't take that joy from any of them so they will not eat kibble again.

One more thing. When my GSD declined in health, I'd feed him anything just to get him to enjoy eating again. All I cared about was his happiness in his last days with me.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Tucker, Mar 18 7:49 am

Raw Food Diet > Pomeranian Raw Diet!
Phoxx

Love to be loved

Barked: Tue Mar 10, '09 2:37pm PST 
I'm a proponent for feeding puppies premade raw like Nature's Variety, Primal, & Bravo. Unless you can ensure 100% that you are properly providing complete and balanced meals with the right bonemeditateuscle:organ ratios, I don't recommend that you risk doing it on your own. Having the right calcium and phosphorus balance (in addition to other things) is too important for growing pupsters.

Once mature, you can take more initiative.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Mar 10 2:39 pm

Grooming > How many pups get their teeth brushed?

Phoxx

Love to be loved

Barked: Sun Mar 8, '09 7:44am PST 
KSS -- Bones that don't break teeth are soft and raw like chicken necks.

My pack gets a 1/2 raw chicken wing every single day and crunch their teeth clean. Phoxx is addicted to his raw wing.
[notify]
» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by Bama AKA "Buddybear', Mar 26 11:48 pm

Portuguese Water Dog > portugese water dog is the winner

Phoxx

Love to be loved

Barked: Fri Feb 27, '09 1:21pm PST 
They are beautiful dogs. It may be hard finding one to be rescued though. However, I'm sure if one pops up on the rescue list, the Obamas will be the first to know.

Lucky rescue.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Feb 27 1:21 pm

Raw Food Diet > You don't SMELL like raw meat!

Phoxx

Love to be loved

Barked: Sat Feb 21, '09 11:37am PST 
Yeppy.

Phoxx had a noticeable yukky smell when I first adopted him. He immediately when on raw. Naturally, his breath improved. As we all know, kibble breath is nasty and that is why kibble feeders need to brush their dogs' teeth. It amazes me how many kibble feeders think kibble is good for teeth. Kibble is only good for vets.
shrug

However, his body odor improved so that he smells like the rest of the pack. Like you, I brush him every couple of days to prevent his incredible undercoat from shedding all over. However, he doesn't need bathing.

I totally relate to your experience.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Quinn, Feb 21 5:29 pm

Raw Food Diet > Where is My Wing?
Phoxx

Love to be loved

Barked: Fri Feb 20, '09 6:50pm PST 
Phoxx was rescued in November. He is 8 years old and probably was raised on kibble. After a week adjusting, he eats raw like the rest of the pack.

I usually feed raw ground meat + Sojos Europa and most recently raw ground meat + Honest Kitchen Preference. I also add 1/2 raw chicken wing.

Phoxx gobbles down the mix and then takes the RMB outside through the doggie dog into the dog run (eating in his toilet -- YUK!!)

Today, I forgot to defrost the chicken wings so I just piled on more of the mix. He gobbled it up and looked everywhere for the wing. He ran back and forth "asking" for it:

Where is my wing?

I gave him a Texas Toothpick (Merrick's cow tails) hoping that would satisfy. Not.

What is up with these guys? He spent 8 years eating junk and after 3 months of decent food, he can't go one day without his RMB.

shrug
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Latte, Feb 21 11:13 am

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.