GO!

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > A Sad Goodbye

Timber- Gone Too- Soon

Barked: Tue Nov 6, '12 2:31pm PST 
On October 22, 2012 we said fair well to our dearest boy Timber. Timber was a wolf-dog male we rescued 4 years ago from a terrible situation and gave him a happy life for the remainder of his years. We are so sad we couldn't have had more than 4 years with him, a tumor that we were unaware of suddenly ruptured in his chest and took him almost instantly. He went surrounded by his people and close by to his kennel friends. He has left us with a pretty big hole in our hearts. The healing process continues on- little angel
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Nov 6 2:57 pm

Other Barks & Woofs > Wolfdogs
Timber- Gone Too- Soon

Barked: Thu Mar 31, '11 5:20pm PST 
He's been evaluated by wolfdog people that have been saving wolfdogs for more years than I have been on this earth, people who testified as experts on the breed in state legislature proceedings, I will take their recomendation on his (and my others) content. Its not just about "pink ears".

From Tamaskan dog club of america- tamaskans have been bred to look like wolves and have a notable lupine appearance, although they contain no recent wolf ancestry
[notify]
» There has since been 49 posts. Last posting by , Jul 16 7:50 pm

Other Barks & Woofs > Wolfdogs

Timber- Gone Too- Soon

Barked: Thu Mar 31, '11 3:28pm PST 
There is a "breed" know as the Tamaskan Wolfdog that is no more wolf than my purebred Siberian huskies but looks as wolfy as any high content I have ever come across. My three are mid content. Rockie is arctic wolf malmute cross. He has the same coat as the arctic but a blockier head like a mal. His tail does not, and cannot, curl over his back as wolves tails aren't jointed in both direction. Timber is higher content timber wolf most likely mal crossed and he looks the part. But Tikaani is slightly lower, but knowing he is related to my timber keeps me aware that there is wolf in that boy even if his tail curls a bit more than his relatives. Genetics is a funny "science" that doesn't always play by the rules as we think it should.
[notify]
» There has since been 52 posts. Last posting by , Jul 16 7:50 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.