GO!

(Page 1 of 18: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  

Choosing the Right Dog > Atlas Terrier??
Wyatt

RATS, give me- RATS!

Barked: Wed Jun 13, '12 11:51am PST 
It is a terrier mix.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Jun 15 9:41 am

Dog Health > NSAID Dogster-customer reviews, please
Wyatt

RATS, give me- RATS!

Barked: Mon Jun 11, '12 9:34pm PST 
Adequan injections have been a lifesaver for Wyatt. He started out on Metacam everyday with Trammadol and it worked ok but I wanted to get him off the pain meds. So I looked into the te Adequan. He has been getting them for about 5 years and he was getting them once a week and now needs one about every 3 weeks. It has made a big difference in his quality of life. It is very easy to give the shots. I use insulin syringes and give it to him in his leg muscle and he lays there and lets me give it and then he gets a yummy treat.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Mazzy, Jun 18 2:47 pm

Dogster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > How much does your dog mean to you?

Wyatt

RATS, give me- RATS!

Barked: Mon Jun 11, '12 6:01pm PST 
I could not imagine life without dogs in it to be honest. They bring so much unconditional love and happiness, you can not put any kind of price on that. When I come home from work at night, they all greet me in their own way, Callie carrying a stuffy, Huck doing his Aussie smile and Wyatt bouncing around in true JRT fashion. I sit there and unwind and ask them how their day went and did they scare off any bad guys and tell them my day as they sit there giving me kisses, squeaking their toy and just looking up at me like I am their whole world. Each dog brings their own twist to the relationship. They make me get out and exercise and because of them I have learned how to train dogs, run agility, do flyball, meet lots of cool people and basically they have made my life totally better. I hope I have given them as good a life as they have to me.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Kashmir ♥ CGC, Jun 12 9:23 am

Behavior & Training > Extremely Frustrated

Wyatt

RATS, give me- RATS!

Barked: Thu May 31, '12 6:24pm PST 
At first he won't like it but its way better then the cone of shame, lol. Callie used it after her eye surgery and you want to talk about crushing spirit, lol she has pathetic down to a science and even she got to where she did not mind this.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , May 31 6:24 pm

Wyatt

RATS, give me- RATS!

Barked: Thu May 31, '12 6:02pm PST 
Ok this is what I am talking about, I had to go hunt for it.
http://www.amazon.com/KONG-Cloud-E-Collar-Cats-Small/dp/B0045Y1JGQ /ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1338512491&sr=8-2
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , May 31 6:24 pm

Wyatt

RATS, give me- RATS!

Barked: Thu May 31, '12 5:48pm PST 
I think I would put a soft doughnut on his neck so he cant chew. Maybe its become a habit now?
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , May 31 6:24 pm

Behavior & Training > Puppies and aggression--Not The Moose

Wyatt

RATS, give me- RATS!

Barked: Mon May 28, '12 8:06am PST 
Unfortunately it is only going to get worse.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Missy , May 31 4:38 pm

Behavior & Training > Making the decision: When to put a dog down for biting

Wyatt

RATS, give me- RATS!

Barked: Fri May 25, '12 7:58pm PST 
I was in that position once. The dog was a young JRT. He came from a top breeder, was extremely well bred and was a darling pup. I should have seen what was to come at our first puppy kindergarten class and at 10 weeks old, he attacked a Springer Spaniel pup and put holes in his neckfrown He got kicked out of puppy kindergarten. After that I socialized him with adult dogs and he was fine, we went to obedience classes, foundation agility and everything in between. He socialized with my friends dogs and he really was pretty good. At about 9 months, he went under a boulder in our avocado groves and worked a racoon and then bolted it out a hole, following the coon out of the hole, the coon went up a tree and the terrier jumped up at it, got it by the tail and killed it. That was the turning point for his aggression. He could not be trusted to be offleash at the ranch because if he saw a grove worker he would go up to them and bite their leg. He was about a year old and at his first flyball tournament, we went to do a recall with him and he did the recall and ran off the field and behind all the tents, while he was back there, he bit a guy on the back of the leg, 3 times because he would not give him his sandwich, he was kicked out of flyball before he even started. I was in total denial that I had a problem. Then he started attacking Wyatt, I could walk them together but they had to be separate in the house. I was takingagility lessons but was nervous to have him off leash, we were not progressing. Then in October of 2007, the unthinkable happened, we were hit by a wildfire that came up our valley at 70 mph, I barely got out with the 3 dogs and 4 horses, left 5 horses behind and all my belongings. We were in upheaval and it sent Jace into orbit. He would try and bite anyone who walked past him in the hotel lobby, he would bite people's butts as they walked past at the evacuation center where the horses were being kept and I could not stay at anyone's house because he was just to unpredictable. He started looking at small children as quarry and would scream when he saw them, one time he got away from me and chased a 6 year old boy down and grabbing his pants and shaking them violently. I was mortified, the mother was irrate and I still was in denial. I took him to a behaviorist, we worked on his behavior but he still was becoming more and more aggressive, he would attack Wyatt and Callie for no reason just because they had his toy. The final straw was when He almost killed Wyatt, had I not had my friends with me, he would have succeeded, he put 18 punctures on Wyatt. They were never together again, for any reason. We wee living in a 27 foot trailer on the ranch and I walked the 2 terriers separate. One day I was home sick and I had him with me in the trailer and he peed on my bed, I did not have any other bedding so a friend brought me some bedding to use, Jace was out in the kennel and he was excited to see her and he knew her. She reached in to say hello and pet him and he grabbed her hand, shook it and would not let go. I was mortified but still in denial. His behavior was escallating and taking him anywhere in public set him up and over the top and he could not handle it. His breeder suggested he be put down, after much discussion with people that knew him and me, I made that heartwrenching decision to put a 18 month old dog down. Cold he have been fixed? I don't know, I do know that he was becoming more and more of a liabiliy. When I came home from the vet after putting him down, Callie, Wyatt and I were able to relax, for the first time in a long time, I did not realize how stressful he was until he was gone. Only the person living with the dog can make the decision to put it down and nobody should ever judge.
I need to add that the breeder offered me another pup but I wanted a different breed, so I started researching and decided on a mini Aussie, what a fantastic and wonderful dog Huck is and has been a truly healing force the last 4 years. We had a lot of loss between the fire and then Jace and I truly feel Huck was sent to us to help us heal.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , May 25 7:58 pm

Puppy Place > Dog suddenly barking at 3 am..2 nights now..

Wyatt

RATS, give me- RATS!

Barked: Fri May 25, '12 7:19pm PST 
Wyatt is my middle of the night whizzer. He will get up and start talking to me and wake me up, I imediately get up and put the leash on and take him outside, I dont even turn on a light, so the other dogs don't even get up. If he tries to play, I tell him no, lets go outside, we walk out, let him do his business and back to bed. Thee is no lollygagging and not sniffing allowed and he is not allowed to come back in and start playing, its back to bed and thats the end of it. I suggest you do something similar. I worry that if the dogs really need to potty at night, I want them to wake me up to go out with them, does it suck? Oh yeah, lol but its better then them having accidents or getting UTI's holding it. If he is barking when you put him back to bed, tell him quiet and cover his crate.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Frankie, May 29 1:56 pm

Dog Health > Rattlesnake Vaccine
Wyatt

RATS, give me- RATS!

Barked: Fri May 25, '12 5:45pm PST 
I have been on the fence about giving my dogs this vaccination. We live in a high rattlesnake area and both Wyatt and Huck have been bitten. Huck was bitten in December of 09 and Wyatt was bitten in his outdoor kennel last September. Obviously I got them in to the vet quickly and they survived. I have had them aversion trained and snake proofed their kennel but I am freaked out about another snake bite. The vets are saying so far this year in my area rattlesnake bites in dogs are up 50% and we are not even half way through the season. My vet highly encourages the vaccination and so does my aversion trainer. Has anyone else used this vaccination and have you had any problems?
http://www.rattlesnakevaccines.com/
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , May 25 5:45 pm

(Page 1 of 18: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.