Postings by Dolly - RIP Old Lady

GO!

(Page 1 of 15: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  

Dog Laws & Legislation > Confused here. Us vs. Neighbors.
Dolly - RIP Old Lady

Old Dogs Are The- Best Dogs

Barked: Sat Jan 14, '12 10:29pm PST 
I really feel for your situation and I would be very uncomfortable being in the same one. Just wanted to clarify a couple of things: You cannot tell if a dog is "full blood" just by looking. They are far more likely "pit bull type dogs", and "red nose" is simply a colour, that's all. Additionally, pit bull type dogs are NOT guardian breeds, they are bull and terriers. I know these might seem like picky points, but for those of us who ARE responsible owners (unlike your neighbours) these points are important because of how easy it is for our dogs to be banned and/or killed.

Having said that, I do encourage you to pursue the matter with animal control. Four pit bull type dogs, alone TOGETHER, probably unaltered, underexercised and understimulated certainly can be a recipe for disaster, and I don't blame you for being concerned, I would be as well. This is definitely a case of the irresponsible owners who are ruining the breed, AND an example of terrible animal control laws that wait until these poor animals make mistakes that they never should be allowed to, to take action. I wonder if there is a local responsible pit bull rescue group you could look to for advice.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Trigger, Jan 28 8:11 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Would you breed your dog?
Dolly - RIP Old Lady

Barked: Fri Oct 14, '11 11:01pm PST 
Becky and Marlo, no way. Dolly though...she was so awesome. However it would depend on how old she was. If she was a very old 12 ish, then no because her heart would have been in bad shape. But if she actually was more like 16 as the vet suspected, she was doing really well. I often think how awesome Dolly babies would have been. The good/bad side of it is that there are so many pit bulls that need rescuing, when it's time for me to have another senior, I can probably find one very similar to her smile
[notify]
» There has since been 21 posts. Last posting by Mayhem, Oct 26 6:56 pm

Puppy Place > Proud to announce the birth of Tundra's 6 puppies

Dolly - RIP Old Lady

Barked: Thu Jun 2, '11 10:41pm PST 
Was this planned? Tundra is only a year old?
[notify]
» There has since been 36 posts. Last posting by Dogster HQ, Jun 4 2:53 pm

Senior Dogs > Well Now I Get It. Sort Of. Rant.

Dolly - RIP Old Lady

Barked: Sat May 28, '11 9:58am PST 
Well, yes, vet offices ARE businesses. Busy ones have to perform many, many euthanasias (I say have to because trust me, no one enjoys it frown ) The vets need to be paid for their time, as do the support staff. I've been present for I don't even remember how many euths with owners and it NEVER gets easier. Its terrible to have to bring money into the loss of your pet (and I do agree 480 is pretty unreasonable) but to expect clinics to do euthanasias for just the cost of the drugs is pretty unreasonable too. I'm sorry you're going through this OP.
[notify]
» There has since been 41 posts. Last posting by , Mar 12 4:40 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > why I love my presa canario- a supposed bully breed

Dolly - RIP Old Lady

Barked: Mon May 2, '11 9:33am PST 
Presas are not considered "Bully Breeds". Nothing wrong with that, just clearing up a fine point. Please read the thread wave
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Opheila, Jan 28 7:15 pm

Behavior & Training > Same-sex aggression?
Dolly - RIP Old Lady

Barked: Sun Apr 24, '11 11:04pm PST 
Tons of BCs in rescue, and then you can get one that you know will mesh well with Ava! Even one with the looks you would like cloud 9
[notify]
» There has since been 22 posts. Last posting by Ava, Apr 26 6:01 pm

Behavior & Training > Humping

Dolly - RIP Old Lady

Barked: Fri Feb 25, '11 10:46pm PST 
I have to echo the other posters. Everyone's lives will be much easier if you neuter your male, spay your female, or both. There is NO NEED to be backyard breeding pit bulls. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, but I personally have been the person responsible for euthanizing homeless pit bulls in animal shelters, and thousands more die each day. The world is absolutely SATURATED with pit bulls and yes, adorable pit bull puppies. Do you have a breeding mentor? What sort of bloodlines do your dogs come from? How are the temperaments of your dogs, and all their ancestors? What health testing do they have? What titles? What sports do you compete in? Yes, this is nosy and you may say none of my business. But pit bulls are in such crisis. Owners and advocates who want to see the breed survive simply can't ignore issues like backyard breeding. Please, please don't breed your dogs.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Tyler , Feb 28 3:51 pm

Behavior & Training > The pee is out of control!

Dolly - RIP Old Lady

Barked: Wed Feb 23, '11 8:27am PST 
I have to say that I agree with the other posters. If you can, it might be best to find a rescue group for him...he may very well need vet care. And if that was your intention anyways, easier to place him when he's a cute lil puppy.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Skyline, Feb 26 10:30 am

Dog Health > 18 year old Pom w/advance congestive heart failure - What to do?

Dolly - RIP Old Lady

Barked: Tue Feb 1, '11 7:46pm PST 
I lost Dolly a month ago, she was probably almost 17 and severe CHF as well as a host of other problems. At the same time that I had Dolly I had two friends with dogs around the same age and they all passed within a year of each other. Euthanasia is a choice that you have to make, and I don't believe that any one else can make that choice for you, the only thing you can do is go by what your dog is telling you. We don't know your dog, we can't see her...I do know that all three of us with our elderly dogs hoped they would pass in their sleep and none of them did, but after they went we were glad we did not wait. CHF, like Bella and Daisy said, CAN result in a cardiac event where the heart stops, but it is also possible to result in a respiratory emergency where it is difficult to breathe and I imagine quite stressful. No matter what decision you make, you will feel upset. But you can make the best decision you are capable of for your friend.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Ty, Feb 2 4:29 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Patrick,Lucky,Dolly, heres are your wings
Dolly - RIP Old Lady

Barked: Sun Jan 9, '11 8:13am PST 
Thank you so much Alice, it is a beautiful picture little angel
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Nelson-Sprinkler Dog In Heaven, Jan 11 8:33 am

(Page 1 of 15: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.