GO!

Rhodesian Ridgeback > Do ridgeback mixes have to have the ridge?

Zoey

Barked: Tue Sep 16, '08 11:05pm PST 
I believe Zoey is a lab/ridgeback. She has no ridge but the hair on her back doesn't grown straight back, but it sure doesn't grow backwards like the real ridges.
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by , Nov 23 8:08 am

Rhodesian Ridgeback > What do you eat?
Zoey

Barked: Tue Aug 26, '08 9:32pm PST 
I mostly eat Puppy Chow. The humane society mixed that and Iams puppy food, so when I moved here I stuck to that. I don't get people food either cuz I'd probably be a big begger! I really like Natural Balance Duck & Potato, but I think I like the rolls (turkey and lamb) even more than the dry food. I've had stomach problems though sometimes and have thrown up a couple times. Once I think it's cuz I got big dog food instead of puppy food a couple months ago. But I also eat a lot of bugs in the backyard and even got a sting in my mouth one time. The doctor said I should move up from puppy food in the next 6 weeks.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Aug 1 7:39 am

Rhodesian Ridgeback > I had never heard of Ridgebacks before...

Zoey

Barked: Tue Aug 26, '08 9:23pm PST 
Thank you! Elsie is very cute too! I love the red color. That's what Zoey gets compliments on a lot. Some of her hair on her back does have different growth but not completely like I've seen on ridgebacks. I wish she did have one because I think it looks cute! smile
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Aug 26 9:23 pm

Rhodesian Ridgeback > kennel training? Good or bad??

Zoey

Barked: Tue Aug 26, '08 9:19pm PST 
Zoey has a kennel that she sleeps in and stays in when no one is home. We've tried to get her to sleep in the bedroom but she refuses and goes to her kennel by herself. (Right now she's sleeping in there with the door open! lol) I feel the same as you though to leave her in there during the day (I hate when she gives me those sad eyes!). Right now I'm not working but when I go to work I know I'll feel bad too. I also worry about what toys to leave her since she'll destroy lots of them easily.
Right now when I put her in there when I leave, I just try to make sure she's worn out from a walk and has her blanket. But I'd also like to hear thoughts on this topic too!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Sep 25 7:15 am

Rhodesian Ridgeback > I had never heard of Ridgebacks before...

Zoey

Barked: Thu Aug 21, '08 3:37pm PST 
Zoey was adopted from the humane society in March 08. She had 2 brothers. One looked like a beagle and one looked nothing like either and was stockier and had shorter ears with different markings. They said they were all lab mixes. Zoey went for her first swim last weekend at a special event at a public pool here and a lady asked if she was a Rhodesian Ridgeback. I didn't know of the breed but after looking up pictures, Zoey looks a lot like them but without a ridge. I'm thinking maybe she's a lab/ridgeback mix. Any opinions?
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Aug 26 9:23 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.