Postings by ♥Diana♥

GO!

Dog Health > ITP and AIHA?

♥Dian- a♥

Let Me Lick- You!Hold Still!

Barked: Tue Oct 2, '12 9:58am PST 
I am happy to hear your friend's dog is on the mend. Diana's platelets are back to normal, but her anemia persists. Her red blood cells are still way below normal at 2.6 M/uL. Her hematocrit (16.9%) and hemoglobin (5.7g/dL) are as well. Her white count is coming down very slowly (24K/uL). Her NEU, LYM, and MONO remain high. She is sleeping and resting a lot. When she inhales, it is noisy, and her breath smells horrific. Wonder what these mean...
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Radley, Oct 10 1:16 pm

♥Dian- a♥

Barked: Sun Sep 30, '12 10:20pm PST 
Thank you! I am on prednisone and azathioprine. I was a bit perkier today, so perhaps the drugs are working.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Radley, Oct 10 1:16 pm

♥Dian- a♥

Barked: Fri Sep 28, '12 4:17pm PST 
No rat poison. I'm a pretty good girl. I think they think my immune system is attacking my platelets and my red blood cells. But they sent me home and my humans are really worried that I might not make it through the weekend.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Radley, Oct 10 1:16 pm

♥Dian- a♥

Barked: Fri Sep 28, '12 3:30pm PST 
My name is Diana, and I am a 12-year-old miniature poodle. I am looking for someone to help me interpret what is going on with my blood. I had blood drawn four days ago because my mouth was bleeding. I had a shot to jumpstart my platelet production and was put on prednisone and another steroid. I had blood drawn again today. This is what it showed (normal range in parentheses):

RBC 4.42 down to 2.45M/uL, (5,65-8.87)
HCT 27.4% down to 15.8%, (37.3-61.7)
HGB 9.4g/dL down to 5.3g/dL, (13.1-20.5)
WBC 27.11 K/uL up from 13.51 K/uL, (5.05-16.76)

NEU 20.75 K/uL up from 9.27 K/uL, (2.95-11.64)
MONO 3.38 K/uL up from .72 K/uL, (.16-1.12)
EOS .01K/uL down from .17K/uL, (.06-1.23)
PLT 13K/uL up slightly from 9 K/uL. (148-484)

My doctor sent me home, but wants to see me on Monday. My humans are really worried about me. Please help me understand what is happening to me.

Love,
Diana
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Radley, Oct 10 1:16 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.