Postings by ♥ DEOGIE ♥

GO!

(Page 1 of 23: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Other Barks & Woofs > Squirrels taking over Deogie\'s porch
♥- DEOGIE- ♥

Born a dog but- turned into a- gentleman.

Barked: Thu May 12, '11 5:03pm PST 
Once the weather became warmer and we started to sit on our screened in porch we noticed a squirrel sneaking in and out a few times a day. Deogie sleeps out there often and he never alerted that there was a new tenant sharing his space. Shoot, I socialized him too well..BOL.
We decided to fix the screen where she was coming in and out, she ripped the screen apart, plus a few more, she decided a few exits were better than one. We noticed her going into the space above the door leading to the outside, which we leave open for Deogie.
Hubby decided to take a look and see what she had going on in there. I must say she's got a nice little set up happening there and she's protected by the largest dog in the neighborhood. He looked in and she had babies. No wonder she got so upset when we tried to evict her. Now I was like, "heck what we going to do now?" I had no choice, life was more important, so we let Momma be with her babies.
I need to add that there is absolutely no wires for them to chew, a cement wall and the porch roof is all there is, well and my screens but she already ruined them.
Now I have 4 baby squirrels running around the ledge of my porch. Playing, even as I sit having my coffee on the porch. Deogie barks at them a bit but for the most part leaves them alone. They will lay on the edge, (I have pics I will post), and simply look at me.
I have called animal control and they advised me to wait until they are old enough to be relocated. I don't have a problem with that but I do have a few concerns for them and this is where I'm hoping maybe some of you can ease my worries.

1) Since they were raised near a calm dog who doesn't bother them and they are used to his barking (doesn't even phase them) will they view ALL dogs the same?
2) Same goes with people. They sit and watch me, curious as to what I'm doing. I don't want to scare them but I also don't want to befriend them.
3) Will Mom leave? Maybe she'll think her suite is too good to give up and how the heck do I keep her from ripping my screens apart again? Maybe a relocation will be needed for Mom?

I can't help but watch them, they are so darn cute running around and playing but I also worry as I watch them wondering if they will recognize danger once they leave their home. Not all dogs and people are squirrel lovers.
Well Dogster pals, I know this isn't dog related but I view all animals precious and I know you all do as well.
I'm hoping someone else has had this similar issue and I'm hoping they can tell me the babies grew up, moved on and lived a happy life.
Have a good one all.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Mr. Pibbs *CGC*, Jun 2 4:17 pm

Dog Health > Coyote trouble
♥- DEOGIE- ♥

Barked: Tue May 3, '11 6:39pm PST 
In our area a sheep farmer has Pyr's for guarding, the coyote packs are killing his Pyr's and then having a killing spree on the unguarded sheep.
In city limits a man's dog was on a leash in the backyard and a coyote killed it within seconds.
They warned people that a coyote will sit in quiet for days at times to take the chance for a meal.
People's cats have been going missing and the saying is true....when coyotes are around, no cats to be found.
[notify]
» There has since been 26 posts. Last posting by Fritz, Jul 16 8:17 pm

Dog Health > wellness exams

♥- DEOGIE- ♥

Barked: Thu Apr 21, '11 7:09pm PST 
Deogie and our cat are treated like my babies, therefore they will always go for a yearly exam, regardless if they're due for vaccines or not. When it comes to their health, no chances are taken.
My children, hubby and myself also go for a yearly check-up, what's good for us, is also good for our pets.
[notify]
» There has since been 68 posts. Last posting by Sarah, CW-SR, CW-G1, CGC, Apr 27 7:36 pm

Dogster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > Freeze-drying dead pets- is it a nice memorial or just creepy?

♥- DEOGIE- ♥

Barked: Wed Mar 16, '11 4:33am PST 
CREEPY!!!!!! shock
[notify]
» There has since been 71 posts. Last posting by Tyson, Jul 1 1:50 pm

Dogs and a Clean Home > Major Meltdown

♥- DEOGIE- ♥

Barked: Wed Dec 15, '10 10:45pm PST 
When my daughter was 5, she threw up in the grocery store.shock
Clean up in aisle 5!!!red face
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Hazel, Dec 19 3:55 pm

Dogs and a Clean Home > Hairy Couch
♥- DEOGIE- ♥

Barked: Mon Dec 13, '10 10:15pm PST 
As I'm vacuuming the carpet daily I lift the power head and vacuum my furniture as well. Works great.way to go
[notify]
» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by Sprite, Jan 20 9:44 pm

Puppy Place > Ewww... this is NOT right

♥- DEOGIE- ♥

Barked: Mon Dec 13, '10 7:09am PST 
Ah poor babies.cry Their dog food bowl is even right near poo.

This person obviously has mental issues and needs someone to step in to help. No one in their RIGHT mind would choose to live like this.
Someone in the area should call with interest about a pup, when they have the address, phone and report them. Phone the police, humane society and god forbid children services to let them know. Living in a home filled with feces is a health concern for all. I'm hoping someone does see this ad and steps in to help pets and people living in such disgusting conditions.
[notify]
» There has since been 34 posts. Last posting by Bruno CGC, Dec 18 12:55 am

Dogs and a Clean Home > Major Meltdown

♥- DEOGIE- ♥

Barked: Sun Dec 12, '10 9:39pm PST 
Poop stories big laugh no place like Dogster.

One morning I decided a pork roast would be great for dinner, so I took it out of the freezer and placed it in my sink. I wasn't feeling well that day, so I went and had a nap for a couple hours.
I woke, walked into my kitchen to put my roast on. It was gone!! WTH?? I then noticed the empty wrapper laying on the floor and Bear (RIP) looking at me with those, "it wasn't me" eyes.
Oh well, what am I going to have now?shrug We carried on not giving it a second thought.
We went to bed that night and never heard anything throughout the night. I woke to a smell that hit me hard.shock I took the steps out of my bedroom and noticed this dark trail. I followed it through the hallway, down the stairs, through the main floor (everywhere), down the basement stairs and throughout the rec room. Bear had liquid diarrhea through my entire house. Instead of waking me with his bark he decided to run around my house freaking out about what was happening to his behind.eek My poor baby.
It took me hours to clean it up and my house smelled for days it seemed. I never had a pork roast for a very LONG time.

Deogie has shaken his adorable head and his drool has landed on my dinner plate. That's gross!!!!

My cat threw up on my brand you DVR and zapped it.
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Hazel, Dec 19 3:55 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Whats your favorate breed you want to own?

♥- DEOGIE- ♥

Barked: Sun Dec 12, '10 9:14pm PST 
Joey Diego, good job on being a therapy dog. They wanted Deogie to do this but Deogie isn't a pet me kind of dog when it comes to strangers, he's kind of a snob.big laugh
[notify]
» There has since been 45 posts. Last posting by Yo-Yo, Dec 29 5:32 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Whats your favorate breed you want to own?
♥- DEOGIE- ♥

Barked: Sun Dec 12, '10 6:51pm PST 
My favorite breed is laying at my feet snoring away...a Great Pyrenees. My dream dog is Deogie.
[notify]
» There has since been 49 posts. Last posting by Yo-Yo, Dec 29 5:32 pm

(Page 1 of 23: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.