Postings by "Selli"

GO!

(Page 1 of 39: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Choosing the Right Dog > What Breeds in my Brother's Mixed Dog?
"Selli"

The Muddy- Princess

Barked: Thu Mar 27, '14 4:21pm PST 
GSD x Pit. Has GSD ears and a Pit face.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Sachi (1997-2012), Mar 29 5:16 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Need some breed suggestions!
"Selli"

The Muddy- Princess

Barked: Mon Mar 24, '14 5:27pm PST 
Sammy's are really fun dogs, and since you have a Pom, a Sammy would not be a completely new thing for you and since you are a groomer you know about all the hair they have! They are a spitz breed so you have the spitz traits....big time prey drive, tendency to bark and a certain reluctance to obey commands when they find something that catches their attention.

However they are sweethearts, loving and charming.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Apr 14 12:43 am

Choosing the Right Dog > I want a large breed to do Therapy Work - help!

"Selli"

The Muddy- Princess

Barked: Mon Mar 3, '14 3:51pm PST 
Go meet some dogs! Find the breeder with the nicest temperaments and then wait as long as you need to to get one of their pups.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Mar 5 11:38 am

"Selli"

The Muddy- Princess

Barked: Sat Mar 1, '14 7:02am PST 
And what I mean by a good breeder of Bouvs is one who specialzes in Bouvs, has been in the breed (breeeding) for at least ten years, has spent time with the parents and grand-parents of any puppies the produce and has contacts with numerous Bouv breeders. I would also look for a breeder who competes with their dogs and has looks for title in the pedigrees of the dogs. This is because titles show that the dog is able to work in situations where there are other dogs. While dog with poor temperaments can earn titles, it does say something about their stability.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Mar 5 11:38 am

"Selli"

The Muddy- Princess

Barked: Fri Feb 28, '14 5:26pm PST 
Please be VERY careful about where you get your Bouvier. They are either lovely dogs or monsters. I had a client who had two lovely Bouvs and when they passed away she adopted two young adult males from rescue. Both of these dogs had major temperament issues that were inherent in the dogs. This is certainly a breed where finding the right breeder is essential.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Mar 5 11:38 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Which working dog.
"Selli"

The Muddy- Princess

Barked: Tue Feb 25, '14 4:32pm PST 
I am pretty sure Mulder meant rigid in training.
[notify]
» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by , Mar 3 10:41 am

"Selli"

The Muddy- Princess

Barked: Thu Feb 13, '14 6:33am PST 
A female Rottie! I have known many sweet sweet female Rotties who should hit all the marks.

Would a Bull Mastiff be too drooly? I have known some very nice placid Bull Mastiffs too.

I would go to a local dog show and meet some breeds.
[notify]
» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by , Mar 5 11:38 am

Choosing the Right Dog > New Ideas- sporty small/medium dog

"Selli"

The Muddy- Princess

Barked: Tue Jan 7, '14 12:14pm PST 
I just heard about the Norrbottenspet, a Scandinavian herding dog, and thinking of Spitz breeds, I do like the Keeshond. Their personalities remind me of a Paps. Bright and spritely and focused on their human, but they are unlikely to swim. If I were in your shoes, I would go to a show BC breeder who had lower intensity BCs and you can be unique for showing a Barbie Collie.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Buster, Jan 14 7:19 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > New Ideas- sporty small/medium dog

"Selli"

The Muddy- Princess

Barked: Tue Jan 7, '14 9:51am PST 
I guess the obvious answer is a Border Collie. I think that there is enough range in temperament that you can find one who suits your needs. Do you not like BCs?
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Buster, Jan 14 7:19 pm

Dog Health > How much can diet help re:seizures?
"Selli"

The Muddy- Princess

Barked: Thu Jan 2, '14 4:58pm PST 
My sister had two experiences where diet seems to have stopped seizures. The first was a Golden who had seizures as a young dog. She put him on a duck and potato kibble because her other Golden had allergies and she didn't want to have to feed two different foods. Her Golden with epilepsy stopped having seizures for over 8 years. When he got older he did have occasional seizures despite his food.

Her current dog is a Berner who started having focal seizures at two. They went through tons of stuff, but he is not on venison, sweet potato and mixed veggies and isn't having seizures. But, if he gets anything else, he will start having the seizures again.

My two are anecdotal stories, but I know if I had a dog with seizures, a limited ingredient diet would be my first move.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Moose, Jan 3 7:12 pm

(Page 1 of 39: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.